Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  Re: (...)
I can't believe it. I always buy Tillamook Sharp cheddar and their extra sharp cheddar cheese usually at Costco or Sam's in the 2 lb loaf. The kids love cheese. I haven't been able to find it the last few times going to the store (the sharp cheese, they have the extra sharp). I wrote them and email and they are sold out! Until July 1st! How do you run out of cheese!

Ok - I know how - they naturally age it and I guess either had higher demand or something went wrong with a batch - or two.

But what am I supposed to do about sharp cheddar cheese? I have been just using the extra sharp but it has a lot more oil in it when melted.

Thanks for letting me vent...anyone have a favorite brand?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Sharp Cheddar Cheese by esgunn (I can't believe it. ...)
I have two, Erin, but they're probably regional. One is Helluva Good, and the other is Cabot's of Vermont. Wow, backordered until July, something happened somewhere along the line, didn't it?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Sharp Cheddar Cheese by pjcooks (I have two, Erin, bu...)
Yeah, I like Cabot's also -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sharp Cheddar Cheese by cjs (Yeah, I like Cabot's...)
We get Cabots down here too!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sharp Cheddar Cheese by Old Bay (We get Cabots down h...)
We get Cabot's here too, so it's probably available most anywhere. And as PJ mentioned, we like Helluva Good too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Sharp Cheddar Cheese by esgunn (I can't believe it. ...)
Do you have a Safeway close??? They usually have 2 lb loaves of their Sharp Cheddar. We usually buy the extra sharp - Bob loves really sharp cheddar.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sharp Cheddar Cheese by Harborwitch (Do you have a Safewa...)
Yes Erin, I too like Tillamook. Fortunately I buy BIG blocks of it and freeze one. That's the one I use for shredding and Paul eats the other. He's not particular about what kind of cheese he eats as long as there's lots of it. So if he runs out I just buy him the store brand and he's happy.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Sharp Cheddar Cheese by Harborwitch (Do you have a Safewa...)
Absolutely Cabot's. For an interesting change of pace, try Cabot's Chipotle Cheddar. I used to get that at Sam's Club all the time.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sharp Cheddar Cheese by labradors (Absolutely Cabot's. ...)
I buy the Cabots extra sharp too. Just love it.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!