Anyone Want a Puppy?
  Re: (...)
I start out every morning with clean trousers, sweats, shorts, whatever, depending on the weather. By noon they are dirty with mud, grass stains, puppy spit, and whatever else he gets into. So if I want to go anywhere I have to change clothes and that equals laundry twice a week just for me. Then there's the towels I need to clean up his water dribbles...he doesn't swallow the last mouthful of water, he dribbles it all over the house from either his water dish in the kitchen, the toilet bowl if I forget to put the lid down or from the bucket outside. Speaking of the bucket, I took a 2 gallon plastic pail and filled it so he could drink when he's outside. I look out the kitchen window and he's soaking wet, carrying the bucket around the yard. I take it away, tell him NO, refill it and next time I look out he's running around the yard with the bucket. I take a 2' PVC pipe, pound it in the dirt by the faucet then loop the bail over the PVC so he can't take off with it again...SO, he sticks his head in the water and blows bubbles out his nostrils, leaving him wet at least to his eyeballs...then, he pulls up grass and eats the dirty roots, or digs in the dirt around the edge of the house and eats it. When he comes in the house the first thing he does is lay his muddy snout on my leg...dirty clothes again. I have to wash the sliding glass door every couple of days because he jumps up on it to let me know he wants inside...muddy glass door. He has discovered he likes to play in the bathtub, especially after I shower and he's been outside to get dirty. He comes in, jumps into the tub and gets it all muddy. When he wants to go outside to potty or just go outside, he goes to the sliding door and whines...you never know what he wants to do; consequently, he probably goes in and out 50 or more times a day. When I was sick this morning he climbed in my lap and loved me up. As soon as I was feeling better it was dirty clothes, wet clothes and in/out the door again. What's a father to do?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Anyone Want a Puppy? by bjcotton (I start out every mo...)
LOL! Sounds about right.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Anyone Want a Puppy? by labradors (LOL! Sounds about r...)
ROFLOL!!!!!! That is hilarious...and like Labs said...'bout right!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Anyone Want a Puppy? by bjcotton (I start out every mo...)
Bob and I about died laughing when you were describing this last night. He's just too busy being a puppy!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Anyone Want a Puppy? by Harborwitch (Bob and I about died...)
Just wait until we arrive at YOUR house Sharon

Billy
  Re: Re: Anyone Want a Puppy? by bjcotton (Just wait until we a...)
I buy many raffale(sp?) tickets from many charities--but if a puppy is one of the prizes, I refuse. Love dogs, but not at this time in my life.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Anyone Want a Puppy? by Old Bay (I buy many raffale(s...)
I thoroughly understand that. But now that I have him.....

I have some pretty good pictures of him and my lil' sis' dogs, but I can't download them until I get the external power supply. My computer won't read the 4G disk without it. Should be here in a couple of days. Asked my sis if she wanted to trade for her new dog (he's 3 and a very large black lab..nice dog) she wouldn't even think about it

Billy
  Re: Re: Anyone Want a Puppy? by bjcotton (Just wait until we a...)

We just might have to reconsider the "storage" area vs. dog run thinking. Fancie will put him in his place!

Bill two of these dogs are rescues that we just couldn't give up - we had to quit fostering for that reason. Plus we'd go to all the Pug events and spend more than we should've on raffle tickets, silent auctions, and all the rest. Bob has said NO more dogs - or cats.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Anyone Want a Puppy? by Harborwitch ( [img]/ubbthreads/im...)
Oh Billy you should try and get that recorded using the video mode on your camera!! Oh my gosh that is just tooooo funny
  Re: Re: Anyone Want a Puppy? by DFen911 (Oh Billy you should ...)
Aren't puppies just so adorable????? I remember those days of forgetting to swallow that last mouthful. And you didn't mention those sharp little puppy teeth!

But what would you do without him!!