HELP! Anyone have a great shrimp kabob recipe?
  Re: (...)
It's my husbands 40th birthday today. Having a BBQ tonight and want to make some KILLER shrimp kabobs. Anyone have a great recipe?
  Re: HELP! Anyone have a great shrimp kabob recipe? by MiQuel (It's my husbands 40t...)
Welcome MiQuel...here's a Cajun Kabob from CuisineAtHome:

Cajun Kebabs
(Cuisine, August 2000, Issue 22, p. 31)

Makes: 6 Sandwiches Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes Rating: Intermediate

For the Cajun Kebabs —
Combine; Reserve 1/4 Cup:
1/3 cup olive oil
3 T. honey
3 T. fresh lemon juice
3 T. Cajun seasoning
2 T. minced fresh parsley
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 t. lemon zest, minced
Salt and crushed red pepper flakes to taste

Peel and Devein; Marinate:
1 lb. large shrimp (16-20 count)

Combine:
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into large chunks
12 cherry tomatoes
2 T. olive oil
Salt and black pepper to taste

For the Broccoli Slaw —
Combine:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup scallions, sliced
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
2 T. honey
2 T. fresh lemon juice
Salt, black pepper, and Tabasco to taste

Add and Toss:
3 cups broccoli slaw mix

For the Grilled French Bread —
Slice:
6 slices French bread, cut diagonally, 2

Combine; Brush on Bread:
6 T. unsalted butter, melted
1 t. garlic, minced

Preheat grill to high; brush grate with vegetable oil.

Combine first nine ingredients for Cajun Kebabs in resealable plastic bag. Pour off and reserve 1/4 cup.

Peel shrimp by first removing the legs. Then peel away the shell and gently pull off the tail section.

Combine vegetables, oil, salt, and pepper in another resealable plastic bag; toss to coat. Set aside. To assemble, thread one shrimp onto a soaked bamboo (or metal) skewer. Add a bell pepper chunk and tomato. Alternate shrimp with vegetables, ending with shrimp. Preheat grill to high; brush grate with vegetable oil. Place kebabs on grill and brush with some of the 1/4 cup reserved marinade. Cover and cook kebabs 2 - 3 minutes. Carefully turn kebabs (use a spatula to turn them if they stick), then brush with additional marinade. Cover and continue grilling until shrimp are cooked through but not rubbery, another 2 - 3 minutes.

Combine mayonnaise, red bell pepper, scallions, parsley, honey, lemon juice, and seasonings for the Slaw in a bowl.

Add the slaw and toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve. Serve slaw cold.

Slice the French bread diagonally 2" thick. Then slice each piece in half, but not all the way through! You want to create a hinge (like what's on a hot dog bun) so the fillings stay in the bread.

Combine the melted butter and garlic; brush on both sides of bread slices. Grill bread until toasted and warmed through, about one minute per side. To serve, first place some of the slaw inside the grilled bread (the slaw "juice" acts as the sauce. Holding the bread in one hand and a kebab in the other, place the kebab on the slaw and carefully pull out the skewer, leaving the shrimp and vegetables behind.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: HELP! Anyone have a great shrimp kabob recipe? by bjcotton (Welcome MiQuel...her...)
And I will contribute my very favorite shrimp kebab recipe from an old Food & Wine issue...

I serve this with an orzo pilaf and skewers of grilled veggies

Shrimp and Lemon Skewers with Feta-Dill Sauce

Squeeze the charred lemons over the shrimp before serving for a tangy, smoky hit of flavor.

Ingredients

1. 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
2. 1 scallion, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
3. 4 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
4. 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
5. 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
6. Salt and freshly ground pepper
7. 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
8. 2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
9. 2 lemons, each cut into 12 wedges

Directions

Light a grill. In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt with the scallion, 1/4 of the garlic and 1/2 tablespoon of the dill. Stir in the feta, mashing it slightly. Season with salt and pepper.

In a large bowl, combine the remaining minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of dill with the olive oil. Add the shrimp and lemons, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Thread 4 shrimp and 2 lemon wedges onto each of 12 skewers.

Season with salt and pepper and grill over a medium-hot fire, turning occasionally, until the shrimp are charred and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the skewers to a platter and serve at once with the feta sauce.

6 servings
30 minutes

Notes

One Serving: 244 cal, 9.5 gm fat, 2.6 gm saturated fat, 5 gm carb, 0 gm fiber.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com