A Little Fishing
  Re: (...)
I wanted to wait for William's camera with the fish fry pictures to go with this, but I'll either add them later or let you use your imagination. Here's the Fishing Slideshow showing how we have fun in the evenings around here at this time of year.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: A Little Fishing by Gourmet_Mom (I wanted to wait for...)
Looks wonderful and I'm oh so jealous!
Shannon
  Re: Re: A Little Fishing by Dismc (Looks wonderful and ...)
Oh my, we're putting the fishing rods in the trailer....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Little Fishing by cjs (Oh my, we're putting...)
Very nice! I love those little sun fishies! We used to get a lot of them back in our camping days.

Daphne, your Cricket is adorable!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A Little Fishing by Mare749 (Very nice! I love t...)
OH,Daph! We love Sunnies, the perfect panfish
Jame fillets them, do you do that too?

Criket is so cute
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: A Little Fishing by farnfam (OH,Daph! We love Su...)
Oh my god what is a mayfly?! Right now I am having such a battle with gnats :|

Cricket must be one very happy dog

So how do you cook up those little beauties? Do you have catfish too?
  Re: Re: A Little Fishing by DFen911 (Oh my god what is a ...)
Oh, boy, I want to be at Daphne's! That lake looks huge! And pretty. And yes, Cricket is a cutie pie.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: A Little Fishing by cjs (Oh my, we're putting...)
Great pictures Daphne! Those fish look great.

Fishing rods in the trailer???? Would the trailer be heading south????? We've got a lovely bottle of Temperanillo to share with you - wonderful wine it is.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A Little Fishing by Harborwitch (Great pictures Daphn...)
Yes, they are headed and gutted and pan fried in a cast iron skillet whole. The skin and tail are so crispy, they are eaten by some! You eat around the little bones...not many. I am not a lover of lake fish, much less boney fish, but I will eat these on occasion. They're not as good as catfish, but pretty darn good.

Bring your poles! The Mayflies are getting plentiful! The more Mayflies, the better the fishing!

Denise, the Mayflies are much like a dragonfly, in my opinion....except they don't live very long, nor last very long. The one thing different...there are THOUSANDS of them. If you brush against a bush a hundred flutter out.

It's not so bad unless we have a BIG season. That's when it gets ridiculous! The house is covered! If it's a still night, they gather at the street lights...since they only live 24 hours...and die under the street lights on the road. I'll tell you, it's a little disconcerting to drive over them when there's a couple thousand on the road and you can here the crunch like someone eating potato chips....EWWW! But that's better than cleaning the "buggers" off your house. I've seen the side of the house COVERED in their carcusses!

BUT that being said, the more Mayflies we have, the better the fishing! Seasons when the Mayflies were so bad as to be a driving hazard...we brought in 25 to 30 "sunfish" an evening!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Little Fishing by Gourmet_Mom (Yes, they are headed...)
Daphne, alas the slideshow doesn't load well on a dial-up internet connection but, based on the other replies, I'm using my imagination...

Sounds beautiful, 'cept for the mayflies!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com