Sunday Brunch!
  Re: (...)
A really good one! Both dishes are from Food & Wine magazine and what a fun brunch it was...altho, gotta warn you, I made the whole recipe which was 4 omelets and we each ate two of them. They are that good.

Please pardon the picture - I'm in trouble if my camera's going out on me!

[Image: JamSoufflewithglazedbacon.jpg]

* Exported from MasterCook *

Souffléed Strawberry Jam Omelets
Recipe by Marcia Kiesel

4 large egg whites
1/3 cup superfine sugar -- plus more for dusting
3 large egg yolks
1/4 cup strawberry jam
Confectioners' sugar -- for dusting

Preheat the oven to 425. Position a rack in the upper third of the oven.

Generously butter a large rimmed baking sheet and dust generously with superfine sugar. In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.

Beat in the superfine sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition, until firm peaks form. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks until pale yellow. Gently fold the egg yolks into the beaten whites.

With the spatula, use half of the egg mixture to form four 5-by-3-inch ovals on the prepared baking sheet. With the back of a spoon, make a 2-inch-long indentation in the center of each oval and fill with 1 tablespoon of the jam.

Cover with the remaining egg mixture to enclose the jam.

Bake the soufflés for about 10 minutes, until puffed and golden brown but still slightly jiggly in the center. With a metal spatula, gently transfer the omelets to plates. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve right away.

----

and - nobody developes recipes for Food & Wine like Grace Parisi!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Spicy Honey-Glazed Bacon
Recipe by Grace Parisi

1 pound thick-cut bacon
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon sesame seeds

Preheat the oven to 375°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Arrange the bacon slices on the paper in a single layer. In a small skillet, combine the honey, coriander and cayenne and cook over high heat until melted, about 1 minute.

Brush the spiced honey on one side of the bacon and bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds and bake for 5 to 10 minutes longer, depending on the thickness and fattiness of the bacon, until sizzling and browned.

Transfer the bacon to paper towels, glazed side up, to drain and cool slightly. Serve right away.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Brunch! by cjs (A really good one! B...)
Now doesn't that sound tasty! Copied and saved!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Sunday Brunch! by cjs (A really good one! B...)
Good grief those look and sound amazing - wouldn't some of this been good along side them???? Thank you for posting the recipe - I envision those for breakfast Mother's Day.

Double smoked Honey Jalapeno bacon!
[Image: 3498287450_f4887005c9.jpg]

This is another slab of Maple Black Pepper - it will be going in for a 3rd smoke this afternoon.
[Image: 3497477171_653540da35.jpg]
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Brunch! by Harborwitch (Good grief those loo...)
gotta do this, but I can't get to the darn pork belly in the freezer - too many pkgs. of Capt. Jay's P. cod.

Looks so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Brunch! by cjs (gotta do this, but I...)
Oh those omelets look very yummy, mmmm and is that champagne? Of course it is
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Sunday Brunch! by cjs (gotta do this, but I...)
We have the greatest source for bellies! Next I'm trying for jowls. Hmmmmmmmmmm that Honey Jalapeno was so good.
  Re: Re: Sunday Brunch! by Harborwitch (We have the greatest...)
Sharon, that second picture looks like the bacon I used to get. YUM! I'll be right down...leave here a week from today...or maybe earlier
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Sunday Brunch! by bjcotton (Sharon, that second ...)
Come on down Sweetie! Bob is hooking up the "real" stove today!!! We'll be cooking with gas!
  Re: Re: Sunday Brunch! by Harborwitch (We have the greatest...)
Sharon, would you mind sharing your recipe and process for the Honey Jalapeno Bacon? I have 3 slabs of pork belly and want something different to try. Thanks
Shannon
  Re: Re: Sunday Brunch! by Dismc (Sharon, would you mi...)
I'll get to you in the am. Heading for the pillow