Mother's Day Plans?
  Re: (...)
Anyone have the menu in place yet??

We're going out for brunch with neighbors, but don't know what we'll do for dinner. Probably a T-bone and fruit platter, my favorite!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Mother's Day Plans? by cjs (Anyone have the men...)
I have no idea - I know what my Mother's Day gift is going to be though; a brand new Son-in-Law! The Blonde Tornado is getting married the day before Mother's Day. (Mom and Dad are doing the appetizers! for the reception )

Mother's Day could be interesting.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Mother's Day Plans? by Harborwitch (I have no idea - I k...)
Well this is the first year that I won't have my baby girl with me *tear*.

But our tradition is every year my sister (and her family) and me, Derek and Laura go up to my mom's house where all the guys cook us breakfast. If nothing else it's entertaining to watch
  Re: Re: Mother's Day Plans? by DFen911 (Well this is the fir...)
Sharon - wish them all good luck from us!!

Denise, now that's a brunch where pictures ought be taken of prepping!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mother's Day Plans? by Harborwitch (I have no idea - I k...)
You finally heard from her huh Sharon? I suppose what with her having a husband now I'll have to quit teasing her about her superstructure
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Mother's Day Plans? by bjcotton (You finally heard fr...)
I'll be at the Marriott Resort & Spa in Napa, CA for mothers day with no kids. I'd rather be with the kids, but this is just how our vacation plans turned out. My second cousin is getting married in N. Calif on the 8th, so we decided to spend the rest of the weekend in Napa. We've never been before. Then on Tuesday, we'll be traveling to Ft Collins to attend oldest daughter's graduation from CSU's MBA program. Oh, happy day.

We've made dinner reservations in Livermore at Wente Vineyards and in Napa at Greystone Restaurant.

Other suggestions for fun things to do while we're there would be appreciated!
  Re: Re: Mother's Day Plans? by HomeCulinarian (I'll be at the Marri...)
AND if you have time for a lunch, I would highly recommend Cafe Jeanty - oh my, they have the most wonderful food!! Have a wonderful, safe trip.

Here's a thread we talked a little about Jeanty's - I thought the tomato soup was on that thread also, but it wasn't - man, was that a tasty soup!!

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...part=1&vc=1
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mother's Day Plans? by cjs (AND if you have time...)
Thanx, Jean - I've made a late lunch reservation on Monday at Jeanty's. Thanx for the recommendation!
  Re: Re: Mother's Day Plans? by cjs (AND if you have time...)
I just realized this will be the first time ever, that I won't be spending Mother's Day with my girls! Hmmm. Didn't even think of that when we booked vacation. So, we will be in transit that day, flying to Tampa in the a.m., then boarding a ***** for the Carib for a week.

The day we get back, we will have a whole day to play in Tampa before flying home, so my brother and his wonderful new wife are meeting us for the day in Ybor City, so we can shop, visit, and eat. We have a reservation at this wonderful looking restaurant:
http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/ybor.asp

I will definately be taking pictures of the food this time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Mother's Day Plans? by cjs (Anyone have the men...)
Steve will be gone oh his trip still. He and the kids gave me my gifts today. A couple new books, a necklace that Stephanie picked out, and some godiva truffles!

On Mothers day, we are driving up to Everett to see my nephew in a play, then to Monroe for hot dogs at my sister in laws - Yippee!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.