OT...MIA, AGAIN!
  Re: (...)
I didn't want to worry anybody, so I thought I'd check in and say...I HAVE PROGRESS REPORTS DUE BY THURSDAY! ARRRGGG! I have a lot of work to do, plus the storms are moving into our area...which may mean loss of internet service. I don't know how long the storms will last or how long I will need to prepare reports, so I may be MIA for the next couple of days.

The saving grace may be OS....he is due home tomorrow with his laptop. If I get a minute on the deck to relax, I'll check in. He will also be a blessing with dishes, housework piling up, etc.

Wish me luck! I'm on the final climb to summer vacation, but the stress is GREAT! BREATHE!!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: OT...MIA, AGAIN! by Gourmet_Mom (I didn't want to wor...)
Don't forget the part about breathing! Then it's summer time!!!
  Re: OT...MIA, AGAIN! by Gourmet_Mom (I didn't want to wor...)
Daphne, I feel your pain. I taught chemistry for two years in Pasadena, Tx in 66-67. I had 5 classes of college bound students--my 2nd year I added a biology class--Big Mistake!!--sophomores--required class--I left teaching after that. Teachers really don't get paid enough and need the summer off--my respects to you and your associates!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT...MIA, AGAIN! by Old Bay (Daphne, I feel your ...)
Okay, but we'll be missing you, so don't stay away too long!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT...MIA, AGAIN! by Mare749 (Okay, but we'll be m...)

Gourmet Mom, I know where you are coming from. I am seven weeks away from summer vacation and next week is state testing. That one week every year defines our a school and us as educators. We are working so hard to bring our test scores up. No one can see beyond that to see us as the great school we really are.

Good luck with your reports.

Brenda
  Re: Re: OT...MIA, AGAIN! by coco hernandez ([br]Gourmet Mom, I k...)
I kind of gauge how busy you are Daphne, by my neighbor, Theresa, a school teacher. We were talking yesterday and I asked her how many more days and she responded she didn't know, but they are the most intense of the year. We probably won't see her till schools out now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT...MIA, AGAIN! by cjs (I kind of gauge how ...)
Daphne good luck! You can do it!!

I think it sucks that teachers have homework too. That's just not fair.
  Re: Re: OT...MIA, AGAIN! by DFen911 (Daphne good luck! Yo...)
My oldest sis taught for 20+ years and she used to tell me some of the horror stories. I was an executive secretary for 5 teachers unions for 4 years and heard some of the stories there. I would have been fired the first day when I slapped the living $*** out of one or more of the students.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: OT...MIA, AGAIN! by bjcotton (My oldest sis taught...)
In our paper this a.m. - 45 teachers will be laid off with 18-20 being rehired later. 25-27 teachers laid off in a town this size????? Can not believe it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT...MIA, AGAIN! by cjs (In our paper this a....)
But for the administrators it is the same old, same old. In L. A. we call them the "fat cats". In some schools with a lot of newer teachers, there can be as many as 50% change over in staff. That is unfair to minority students and minority teachers.