OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses
  Re: (...)
I heard this strange sound and wondered what Jesse was doing around the corner. Walked over and he had gnawed a good-sized depression into the hard-wood flooring. I debated on going to the pet center to get something to make him leave it alone, then thought to put some Tabasco on it. Then I saw the Chipotle Powder...he watched me sprinkle it on the depression and then went and sniffed it/licked it. He then trotted away shaking his head and licking his lips. He hasn't offered to go near it again. I just might have to treat the holes he digs in the backyard. I was so angry I shut him in the bathroom while I cooled down.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses by bjcotton (I heard this strange...)
Oh, the joys of puppy-hood! What would you do without him?

You have to admit, Billy, that Jesse makes sure that YOU get enough exercise every day.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses by Mare749 (Oh, the joys of pupp...)
Yeah, he does. The cleaning up the gnawing in addition to 3 baths to get the mud off him today has kept me hopping...plus, shampooing the chair he hopped on, washing & drying towels and my muddy clothes. Today was another day I'd have happily given him away...wonder if Sharon and Bob want another dog?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses by bjcotton (Yeah, he does. The ...)
Yep. Usually, it's cayenne that's suggested, but chipotle would work, too - unless it's a Mexican dog.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses by bjcotton (Yeah, he does. The ...)
Neutering would help.

(Edited to be more compassionate)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses by Old Bay (Neutering would help...)
Maybe you need to call the "Dog Whisperer"

Seriously, have you ever watched the guy on TV? He is very good. Also, there is another one, Victoria, that I like to watch. Both are on Animal Planet.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses by Mare749 (Maybe you need to ca...)
Billy, I've used cayenne in the garden to keep rabbits away. but not in the house. I know they have sprays that will deter cats, not sure if they have any for dogs. does he have any chew toys? Just kidding, Im sure he has lots.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses by Lorraine (Billy, I've used cay...)
There are sprays for dogs. When we lived in Washington in the 80s, they were illegal here but Tracie sent us a can she could buy in Oregon. Worked like a charm (not for a Lab - not sure it would have worked with him ) for the puppy we had at the time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses by cjs (There are sprays for...)
Quote:

they were illegal here

I wonder if there's nasty chemicals in them. ( I know there has to be something in them). I was always leary of using it on furniture, but did use ot on plant pots etc.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
I had to use it for Christmas presents - the little b@st@rd always went for them!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com