Recommendations for nonstick skillet
  Re: (...)
I have a nonstick 7" skillet and nonstick 11" saute pan, but I find myself needing a 9" skillet. I do have a stainless 9", but I just love my hard-anodized nonstick pans... I have some birthday money, and was wondering if anyone would care to suggest a good brand of nonstick that I could find in a 9" diameter size.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Recommendations for nonstick skillet by foodfiend (I have a nonstick 7"...)
I have three non-stick skillets that I got from Sam's Club, (Members Mark) and they are fabulous. I recommend them to everyone. (They are 8, 10, and 12 inch, no 9 inch)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Recommendations for nonstick skillet by Mare749 (I have three non-sti...)
I have some Cuisinart that I dearly love and a T-Fal, all non-stick that I really like too. The last set of T-Fal I had lasted me 23 years. They were still in decent shape when I gave them away.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Recommendations for nonstick skillet by foodfiend (I have a nonstick 7"...)
I love my Cuisinart hard anodized NS in 6, 8 and 12", use the later the most. Do you need the 9" for a specific molded dish? It seems like an odd size.
  Re: Re: Recommendations for nonstick skillet by Cubangirl (I love my Cuisinart ...)
I always keep a 10" and 12" non-stick on hand and buy them at Cash & Carry (Smart & Final - some places). Throw em out when they start getting scarred and just replace, good prices to do that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recommendations for nonstick skillet by cjs (I always keep a 10" ...)
We picked up a few at Sam's Club (the ones Maryann has). Good price, and as Jean said, when they get worn, throw them out.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Recommendations for nonstick skillet by Lorraine (We picked up a few a...)
I think I'm getting one of these Fissler Crispy Steelux pans for Mother's Day. I saw it in a magazine and wanted it ever since. Supposed to be great for frying with less fat because of the surface. I mainly want it for seafood - scallops, shrimp, fish fillets, maybe even lobster. I'll let you guys know what it's like (I know I got it now because I sent hubby my Amazon wish list, told him not to get everything because it's too much, went to find the name of the thing for this post, and my wish list shows that all has been purchased and it was in that list...) Didn't mean to be sneaky!!
  Re: Re: Recommendations for nonstick skillet by carolekv (I think I'm getting ...)
Can't wait to hear about it Carole. That's a great idea to give the family your Amazon wish list. Makes it easier for them as well.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Recommendations for nonstick skillet by Mare749 (Can't wait to hear a...)
Maybe I meant a 10" skillet...

I looked while out today and came home empty-handed. I was hoping that Sam's would sell theirs singly (I don't need more pans... or do I???) but that wasn't to be. Then I saw TFal on sale, and Calaphon, but became immersed in TFal Professional vs TFal Ultimate vs Calphalon vs Cuisinart. Then, suddenly, it was 6:15pm and time to get home to make dinner. Good thing that DH didn't tag along today, I'd never hear the end of the fact that I spent well over an hour looking at skillets and bought nothing!

Question, when measuring a skillet, do you measure the bottom diameter or the top (since the sides slope out a bit)?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Recommendations for nonstick skillet by foodfiend (Maybe I meant a 10" ...)
I think you have to go by the manufacturers measure as they all seem to do it differently. I bought the Cuisinarts because they have biggest bottom space of all and you can use metal utensils with them (I often forget and grab my SS ones). I can often just do all my sauteing at once instead of having to do it in batches. So my recommendation is to pick the two you like best and chose the one with the biggest bottom space. I also have a Cuisinart 5 qt saute pan and the lid from that pan will fit the 12" skillet which is a plus. I would not buy a pan set, but by my standards you certainly could have more pots and pans. I have 8" 10" 12" 3QT and 5 QT saute , 1, 2, 5 & 8 QT pots in NS, That does not include similar + more in SS and then there are the LC, Staub and Emile Henry. You are going to have a lot of fun filling out your collection, I hope.