Kids cookbook and journal
  Re: (...)
I know many of you have done something similar -and I have not actually seen this one (disclaimer)! But thought it was a neat idea. I was reaserching kids journaling for a summer writing project and came across this. I might make something similar for my kids - someday.

cookbook4kids.com
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Kids cookbook and journal by esgunn (I know many of you h...)
What a great project, Erin!! I made a cookbook for the young son of friends of ours and put it in a 3-ring binder, so he (and I) can add to it over the years. I've since given copies to a couple of other kids just starting out in the kitchen and they've had fun with it.

Here's a sample to get them really interested -

* Exported from MasterCook *

PIZZA PINWHEELS

1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese -- (8 ounces)
24 slices sliced pepperoni sausage
1 can pizza sauce -- (14 ounce)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

On a large baking sheet, pinch the 8 crescent roll dough triangles into 4 rectangles.

Layer each rectangle with 6 pepperonis and even amounts of mozzarella cheese.

Roll tightly lengthwise and slice each into 4 or more pieces.

Bake in the preheated oven 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.

Prep Time: approx. 20 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 12 Minutes. Ready in: approx. 32 Minutes. Makes 16 pinwheels (8 servings).

------
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kids cookbook and journal by cjs (What a great project...)
What a great idea, Erin! I have a bunch of neices and nephews that will be ready to start cooking in a few years.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Kids cookbook and journal by Lorraine (What a great idea, E...)
I love this idea, Erin! As many of you know, two of my grandbabies love to help me in the kitchen.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Kids cookbook and journal by cjs (What a great project...)
Thanks Jean, for the recipe! Can't wait to try it with the kids!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Kids cookbook and journal by esgunn (Thanks Jean, for the...)
What a cute idea! I saw a news show back in January about a little girl...about 10?...who was invited to go to the inauguration, but her parents couldn't afford to send her. She set about calling all her relatives for recipes and published a cookbook to sell to raise the money. I thought that was so cool!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Kids cookbook and journal by Gourmet_Mom (What a cute idea! I...)
LOL! Daphne. As I was reading that, I kept thinking you were going finish it up by saying that all the recipes turned out to be for pork.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?