Dinner Menu for T.G.I.F. 5/8??
  Re: (...)
Still eating out of the freezer, but I do have some leftover broccoli, asparagus, onion, bell pepper....hmmmm so will probably add that to the rice and l/o steak.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Menu for T.G.I.F. 5/8?? by cjs (Still eating out of...)
Well, I took out an ice cream container of lake perch that my FIL caught and have it thawing in cold water for later. Will keep it simple, light dusting with flour and seasonings, pan fry in butter. Also have a small head of cabbage that needs to be used, so might do an Amish slaw to go with. Ron has to have a starch with his meal to feel satisfied, so maybe some french fries for him.

Have three apples to use, so either baked apples or a small apple crisp.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu for T.G.I.F. 5/8?? by Mare749 (Well, I took out an ...)
I bought some beautiful Ahi yesterday so I'm going to do some kind of seared ahi salad. Not exactly sure what I'm putting in it or what dressing to make.
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu for T.G.I.F. 5/8?? by Trixxee (I bought some beauti...)
Barbeque chicken, pasta salad, and grilled corn. Wish we were having fish tho! I am saving that for Mothers Day.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu for T.G.I.F. 5/8?? by chef_Tab (Barbeque chicken, pa...)
Chicken in the crock pot - it is a gym day.

But, I bought some fresh Halibut at costco today - $6.99 a pound for a whole tail section. Filleted it up and it is flash freezing. I am excited about that! What a good price!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu for T.G.I.F. 5/8?? by esgunn (Chicken in the crock...)
Wish I was having seafood, but promised DD we'd do something special when she comes to say tomorrow night....YEA!!!! She doesn't come for the night very often! So I thought we'd do some seafood together tomorrow. Tonight is Steak Friday...a no-brainer for the one without a brain....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu for T.G.I.F. 5/8?? by Mare749 (Well, I took out an ...)
Quote:

Have three apples to use,

A bit late, but the C@H recipe for stove top apple crisp is really good. I ws tired, so baked some potatoes, zapped the leftover stewed cabbage, and he had more smoked pork tenderloin.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu for T.G.I.F. 5/8?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Lorraine, thanks for the reminder to try that one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."