Master Cook and Vista
  Re: (...)
Was it just MC 9 and Vista that had a problem? Or was it all MC and Vista? I loaded MC8 on my laptop and it loaded fine. But I don't want to put a lot of effort into typing in a recipe, if it is just going to fail...

Any help?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Master Cook and Vista by esgunn (Was it just MC 9 and...)
Let's wait for the nerds, wish I cculd help you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Master Cook and Vista by cjs (Let's wait for the n...)
I couldn't MC 8 or 9 to work on my vista laptop But I know some do. I even checked the properties box to change the compatiblity with no luck. GGrrr.
  Re: Re: Master Cook and Vista by DFen911 (I couldn't MC 8 or 9...)
Thanks - I will just unistall it. I was half way through loading it on, when I remembered there might be a problem.
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Master Cook and Vista by esgunn (Thanks - I will just...)
I've never used, nor even seen MC, but Vista just has a lot of problems with everything. Sometimes, some people will have no problems installing or using a program, and other people (even those who appear to have the same computer configuration) won't even get past square one. I know a couple who have a pair of identical Dell laptops (purchased together,too) with Vista. His has never had a single problem, but hers has never had anything BUT problems, and yet all hardware and software diagnostics pass with flying colours. Thus, I would say, "If it's Vista, all bets are off."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Master Cook and Vista by labradors (I've never used, nor...)
Yeah, it installed just fine, but I did not want to run into problems later on AFTER all the effort of entering data was done. I will just uninstall and go on.

We got a very affordable laptop for me to use at gym and other instances - under $400.00. We will stick to our very simple appications and not over burden the machine.
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Master Cook and Vista by esgunn (Yeah, it installed ...)
I did a lot of research and did find the MC incompatibility with Vista, so I went with Living Cookbook 2008 instead. I do love it and have had no problems with it either in Vista or XP. It does easily import MC recipes so that is a plus.
  Re: Re: Master Cook and Vista by Cubangirl (I did a lot of resea...)
I bought a new desktop and the guy that built it automatically installed vista. After a week I told him he had 2 options, remove Vista and install XP or take back the $1200.00 computer.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Master Cook and Vista by bjcotton (I bought a new deskt...)
I can't get the program to work on the kids' laptops either...ARGGGG! This is a project this summer...MMMMM??????
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.