Happy Mother's Day To Us All!!
  Re: (...)
Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Happy Mother's Day To Us All!! by cjs (Hope everyone has a ...)
Thanks Jean! Adding my best wishes for a wonderful day for all of us Mom's too! I will be thinking of Lorraine and Sharon too, hoping all goes well and they find some time to relax.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day To Us All!! by chef_Tab (Thanks Jean! Adding ...)
In about an hour I'm heading off to see my Mom.

And I'm bringing her the Pineapple Crisp I made yesterday!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day To Us All!! by BarbaraS (In about an hour I'm...)
Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day To Us All!! by coco hernandez (Happy Mother's Day!!...)
Thought I'd share:
Nothing in life is more important than your family. Give them the time they deserve, because these things cannot be put off till some 'other' time.

Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby... somebody doesn't know that once you're a mother,'normal' is history.

Somebody said you can't love the second child as much as you love the first... somebody doesn't have two or more children.

Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery....somebody never watched her 'baby' get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten... or on a plane headed for the great unknown.'

Somebody said a Mother can stop worrying after her child gets
married.... somebody doesn't know that marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to a mother's heartstrings.

Somebody said a mother 's job is done when her last child leaves
home.... somebody never had grandchildren.

Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so you don't need to tell her...that somebody isn't a mother.
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day To Us All!! by Cubangirl ( Thought I'd share:[...)
Very True! Thanks for sharing.

My three came into me this morning after breakfast and all gave me bug hugs and said Happy Mothers Day! No prompting from anyone - the teamed up and planned it together. The best mothers day! (I know Stephanie was probably the organizer )

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms out there!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day To Us All!! by esgunn (Very True! Thanks f...)
Adding my cheers to all us mom's and future mom's. Had a great breakfast with my family. And tonight Derek is taking me to get my present...my new tattoo I'll post pictures tomorrow
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day To Us All!! by DFen911 (Adding my cheers to ...)
Oh Denise - that's one regret I have...never got a tatoo.darn!

Cuban girl, no one could have said it better and it's all true!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day To Us All!! by cjs (Oh Denise - that's o...)
Um...Jean you know there is no age limit I say go for it!!
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day To Us All!! by cjs (Oh Denise - that's o...)
A Mother's Day tattoo! Yes, post the photo of it (you're such a brave one, Denise!)

Jack came out to the kitchen this morning as I was cleaning up from breakfast and said "Spooky left something for you under the dining room table". So, expecting having to clean up a mouse head or two*, I went into the laundry room to get a roll of paper towels, a plastic bag, some rug cleaner... I went into the dining room and found, instead, a beautifully-wrapped box! The cat knows the way to my heart, that's for sure! It's nice to be appreciated.

[Image: ry%3D400.jpg]

(I cannot seem to figure out how to make this photo a bit larger!)

I have a cast-iron grill pan, but hadn't found a press that fits its dimensions so that I can make paninis. Last week, I was trying yet another idea, placing a pot of water on top of the sandwich as it cooked in the grill pan. Even though it seemed to be stable, the pot tilted as my back was turned and poured water into the pan. Soggy sandwich, anyone? Jack was, unfortunately, home to watch my ranting. I had tried this with a large can of tomatoes the week before, the can fell off (again, as my back was turned), hit the floor, and chipped the tile.

Jack told me that Spooky was tired of hearing his Mom use gutter language while making lunch, and that was his inspiration for the panini press!

*- Okay, I have to explain the mouse head-thing in a bit more detail. Maybe so that he gets "credit", but our mouser-cat leaves the heads of the mice he catches under the dining room table or under the bed (I prefer the table because I have to crawl under the bed, and that's just getting too close to the mouse parts!). Apparently he is proud of his hunting ability, but I really wish that he would just finish them off.

Now that you all know way more about us than you really should....

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all!