Monday's Dinner?? 5/11
  Re: (...)
I have ground beef thawing out and since I had Issue #63 out for Vicci's dinner, I saw one of our favorites - Stuffed Pimiento Cheese and Bacon
Burgers, so guess that's it for dinner for us!

I'm also thawing out some Red Snapper Collars that Capt. Jay brought us a few days ago - I'm going to smoke them and see if we like them better that way than regular cooking, they are so oily and rich. Fingers crossed.

What are you all up to??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner?? 5/11 by cjs (I have ground beef t...)
Just drinking coffee and so far no clue. I'm wanting to do that dish with the leftover lamb on pita bread, but I cannot remember what it's called to look it up. It had a tazini (sp?) sauce. Help?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner?? 5/11 by farnfam (Just drinking coffee...)
I don't feel particularly motivated today (perhaps one glass of wine too many on Mother's Day?) so I looked for something easy. Moroccan Chicken w/Green Olives and Lemon. I'll probably make rice and steamed carrots with it.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...mon-352532
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner?? 5/11 by Trixxee (I don't feel particu...)
Crud!! I forgot to take the meat out of the freezer Lol leftover's it is
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner?? 5/11 by DFen911 (Crud!! I forgot to t...)
"leftover lamb on pita bread" - sorry Cis, I can't remember what it is to look for it for you...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner?? 5/11 by cjs ("leftover lamb on pi...)
Wasn't it a gyro salad? Found this on the online index.

Gyro Tostadas
Cuisine at home No. 32 (April 2002), page 44

Fusion at its best — a great way to use left over lamb.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Gyro Tostada for Cis by esgunn (Wasn't it a gyro sal...)
YES!! Thats it, thanks Erin
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Gyro Tostada for Cis by farnfam (YES!! Thats it, than...)
I was expecting a quiet day alone for Mothers Day, but my younger daughter and her hubby surprised me with a visit and took us out for lunch to my favorite Mexican restaurant. There was so much food, we are just eating the leftovers for dinner and I am making that grilled corn salsa from June'08 issue to go with.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Gyro Tostada for Cis by chef_Tab (I was expecting a qu...)
Looking online to find a recipe... it's a little chilly and rainy out, so I'm looking for something spicy. Thai or perhaps Vietnamese that will use lemongrass and baby bok choy...

Editing to mention that I found a heavenly-sounding recipe,
Cod with Coconut, Lime, and Lemongrass Curry Sauce, on Epicurious (whatever did I do without the internet???), but this step in the directions sounded a little odd:

Put 2 pieces of cod in each skillet and sauté until golden brown and crusted on the bottom, about 2 1/2 minutes. Turn and sear on the other side for 30 seconds. Put the pans in the oven and roast until a metal skewer can be easily inserted into the fish and, when left in the fish for 5 seconds, feels hot when touched to your lip, about 6 to 7 minutes.

Seriously, who does that????? I'll just pan-fry the cod until I think it's done!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Gyro Tostada for Cis by foodfiend (Looking online to fi...)
Haha, Vicci, your remark has me laughing even harder than their strange directions. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it on this Monday.
BTW, the recipe does sound very good. Thai is one of my favorites, especially with lemongrass and curry. Post the recipe if you end up loving it! and of course, your review!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!