What's For Dinner - T.G.I.F. 5/15??
  Re: (...)
I haven't the faintest idea - so I'll be watching what you all are up to.

Which reminds me - how many of you watch these threads after we post what we're having? I've seen a couple folks who don't come back and they miss follow up remarks/questions. Just wondering, 'cause I seem to get so many great ideas reading the threads.

Anyway, my taste buds are ready to be tickled....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner - T.G.I.F. 5/15?? by cjs (I haven't the fainte...)
He smoked some turkey breast and a pork loin, that we are still eating. Have no idea what we'll have, I need to get inspired.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: What's For Dinner - T.G.I.F. 5/15?? by cjs (I haven't the fainte...)
Terriyaki Chicken has been requested.

I usually follow up on them. It is fun to see what everyone is doing with food!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - T.G.I.F. 5/15?? by esgunn (Terriyaki Chicken ha...)
We are working on deck/patio type project, so dinner will be a quickie. Looks like we'll make tonite a meatless nite with a pasta fazule spin off: broccoli, onion, garlic and garbanzos over rotini, topped with creamy gorganzola sauce. Oh and wine, that goes without saying. Works better than asprin for aches and pains LOL
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - T.G.I.F. 5/15?? by farnfam (We are working on de...)
Chili! I made a huge batch, it's yummy cause I let it set in fridge all day yesterday. Mmmm and skillet cornbread.

Cis you're gonna have a quickie on the patio?!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - T.G.I.F. 5/15?? by DFen911 (Chili! I made a huge...)
Quote:

Cis you're gonna have a quickie on the patio?!

roflmao!! Actually, we hope to have many there teehee
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - T.G.I.F. 5/15?? by farnfam ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Geez, and I am just enjoying a beer on the patio

I am sure you are all so tired of hearing me sing the praises of my favorite dinner, but we are having that tomato-oregano salsa on fettucine again. With grilled asparagus on the side. A meatless night for us as well. I wonder if I will ever tire of this recipe......naaahhhhh.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - T.G.I.F. 5/15?? by farnfam (We are working on de...)
A number of years ago my Mom went to the doctor for a followup visit regarding her severe back pain. He'd run the gamut of pain meds and nothing seemed to work. He asked her how the pain was and she told him it was better. He asked what she had been doing to make the pain less. She told him bourbon. The doctor asked, "and just how much bourbon are you taking?" Her reply; "As much as it takes!"

I almost always try to come check back to see what's up. I frequently get ideas from all of you.

I think tonight we're going to have rib eye steaks, a big salad, and maybe fresh bread.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - T.G.I.F. 5/15?? by Harborwitch (A number of years ag...)
Geez...steak night again! But tonight is special....I found part of a tenderloin on sale for $4.99/lb!!!!! It is the thick end, so I got 4 steaks out of the thing! They are partially smoking on the grill right now! I have baked potatoes and salad from the deck! No tomatoes as yet, but fresh lettuce and home made dressing.....YUMMMY! A big bottle of zin and....I LOVE SUMMER ON THE DECK!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - T.G.I.F. 5/15?? by esgunn (Terriyaki Chicken ha...)
Well, the terriyaki chicken got hijacked by working. Ended up with what we could find left over from the buffet tables...crossant sandwiches for lunch, tortilla with beans and cheese from the taco bar, and bagel dogs, and cold lasagna. What a gut bomb. We will try for the terriyaki chicken again tomorrow.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.