Lemon Cheesecake Souffles-- finally!
  Re: (...)
At last. After days of putting off and rescheduling, I finally made my birthday dinner dessert tonight.

I posted the recipe as making 4 servings, which I had scaled down from the original 8 using Mastercook, but then halved it again to make only 2. Not a good idea. I want more!

First, if anyone does this using the recipe which I posted, Mastercook scaled the ingredients but not the instructions and there are 2 mistakes:

1) in the prep of the egg whites gradually add only 1/8 cup of granulated sugar while beating the whites (not the 1/4 indicated)
2) fold in 2 heaping tablespoons not the 1/3 cup.

The above are corrections for the instructions for 4 servings. Alter instructions by yet another half for 2 servings.

Okay, that taken care of, these were delicious. The lemon-y cheesecake flavor was very nice, but it was light rather than the heavier cheesecake. Very nice for spring/ summer. And that raspberry sauce was perfect with it (I added a splash of Chambord because I just had to!).

I've never made souffles before, and these weren't difficult at all. I did make them 4 hours before baking, and kept them in the refrigerator. As the (toaster) oven preheated, I took them out of the fridge to start to come to room temperature.

Now, they started to fall just a minute after being taken out of the oven. Woosh! Is this normal? They were gorgeous, rising a full inch above the rim of the ramekin, but within 2 minutes out of the oven they had sunk. This did make a very handy depression for the raspberry sauce, but is it to be expected?

[Image: ry%3D400.jpg]

hmmm, teeny photos... I'll have to figure out how to fix this...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Lemon Cheesecake Souffles-- finally! by foodfiend (At last. After days...)
Where might you have posted that recipe Vicci my dear? I checked your blog, which I do every couple of weeks, and it wasn't there, not that I could find anyway.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Lemon Cheesecake Souffles-- finally! by bjcotton (Where might you have...)
Billy, I'm not that fast! I just took them out of the oven 2-1/2 hours ago! But it's not on my blog, the recipe is on my birthday dinner menu post
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...age=6#Post81277

I'll probably get it on the blog (with a larger photo!) in a few days.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Lemon Cheesecake Souffles-- finally! by foodfiend (Billy, I'm not that ...)
That's the nature of the souffle beast, Vicci - they deflate once out of the oven. and a natural 'bowl' for any sauce you want to add.

The way we love lemony dessert around here - I'll surely make those soon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lemon Cheesecake Souffles-- finally! by cjs (That's the nature of...)
Oh yeah, we did LOVE these, Vicci. I don't remember if I mentioned it in my review. I caught the little oversight in the scaled down version, no problem. Four was perfect, two for the next night's dessert And they were easy, I should do these again too.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Lemon Cheesecake Souffles-- finally! by farnfam (Oh yeah, we did LOVE...)
Thanks for the info, Jean. I thought that I had done something wrong! When I make these for company, I'll have to put the bowl of raspberry sauce on the table and hustle* the souffles to the dining room so they'll look pretty!
(*not the 70's dance The Hustle since, although it would be amusing to my guests, it would take too long and the souffles would fall...!)

Cis, you didn't mention the dessert in your review, but I'm glad that the procedural misinformation didn't cause a problem. And I didn't know that these would be good the next day. Not puffy, but probably a bit more dense than freshly-baked, I'm assuming. It was a little too much work for 2 souffles, although if I had made four, we probably would have eaten four (that evening!).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Lemon Cheesecake Souffles-- finally! by foodfiend (Thanks for the info,...)
These probbly weren't company perfect the next day, but still darn good!!
About doing the "hustle", yes, the souffles would fall, but likely so would I lol
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Lemon Cheesecake Souffles-- finally! by foodfiend (Billy, I'm not that ...)
Oh, the same place I got the Primevera Seafood recipe
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy