Saturday's Dinner - 5/ 16??
  Re: (...)
Another gorgeous day! So, I'm grilling chix legs and thighs and I baked 2 extra potatoes yesterday, so a small potato salad - first of the 'summer' - God, I hope it last a few more days...

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner - 5/ 16?? by cjs (Another gorgeous day...)
I *think* are going to have grilled shrimp, corn on the cob and baked potatoes.
Clueless, as usual
The weather can't make up it's mind either. Rains then the sun peaks out, then rain. He's trying so desparately to get those piers poured too
Hoping one of you will give me an idea and some inspiration.
Cis
Empress for Life
Jean, After a week of rain, it is finally nice here too! It was a nice day yesterday (I think) but I was iniside all day yesterday. I am going to enjoy the day day today. Might get to 70.

The kids really want the terriyaki chicken, but I think I might have to grill something for myself. Will have to search and decide. Sort of thinking about one of those halibut packets from the new issue.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 5/ 16?? by esgunn (Jean, After a week ...)
OOoo Oooo we had an idea, but I'll need guidance from you all. I'm defrosting two cornish hens to do on the rotisserie that came with the little countertop oven we bought recently. I've got some herb rub on them, but that is all. I don't have a clue what to do. The instructions are for making it work mechanically. So, all of you, do chime in with helpful hints, and hope I don't burn the house down.
Cis
Empress for Life
Billy & I went to the farmers' market this morning and got lots of lovely baby squash of different colors and varieties that we're going to steam with some lovely organic carrots, and some fingerling potatoes. We'll grill cook a pork butt and maybe have a shrimp cocktail before dinner.

Tomorrow I'm introducing him to the joys of fava beans!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 5/ 16?? by Harborwitch (Billy & I went to th...)
I have finally decided after looking through the Cuisine for Two book again. I will be making the chili-rubbed pork chops with a citrus salsa and parmesan crusted potatoes. If I feel energetic enough, I may make the chocolate ricotta mousse for dessert. Now to motivate myself to get to the store.........
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 5/ 16?? by chef_Tab (I have finally decid...)
Cis, are you (and the house) okay??? I've never used a rotisserie before, so I would have been no help with directions.

I wandered into the kitchen at 6pm with no idea, and by 7:30 we had a really good, although kind of odd, meal. I went through the refrigerator and concocted a sort of multi-Asian dinner with bits and pieces of foods that I wanted to use up. Fresh Shanghai noodles in a coconut curry sauce with bok choy, red bell pepper, and snow peas, and panko-crusted chicken strips served on top. Sprinkled with Thai chili-lime flavored cashews.

It was a gorgeous morning, but the day deteriorated into a series of storms, the temperature went down by almost 20 degrees, and we got just a bit more than a half inch of rain... we were in the mood for something warming for dinner, and this fit the bill!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 5/ 16?? by farnfam (OOoo Oooo we had an ...)
Quote:

I'm defrosting two cornish hens to do on the rotisserie that came with the little countertop oven we bought recently.

"To everything, turn, turn, turn."

Have never used one, but I known a couple of friends who love the ones they have. They do look like nice units.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 5/ 16?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Just got home and exhausted. Took my folks to the Strawberry Festival in Oxnard today. 3 hour drive up, walked around with them and 8000 of our close friends and 4 hour drive home. (darn traffic) I am too pooped to pop. Crackers, salami and a margarita for me.