Dinner - Sunday, 5/17??
  Re: (...)
Our neighbors with the outdoor pizza oven invited us over for the first outdoor pizza party of the season! I'm taking the Rice Krispie Ice Cream Cake as my contribution, so just fun tonight. Bill, down there, you probably do pizzas all year round, eh? darn.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner - Sunday, 5/17?? by cjs (Our neighbors with t...)
I'm making a half a turkey breast, mashed potatoes, gravy and asparagus. I've never done turkey like this - I'm assuming I just roast it the way I would a whole chicken.

Outdoor pizza party season sounds like so much fun!
  Re: Re: Dinner - Sunday, 5/17?? by Trixxee (I'm making a half a ...)
Trixxee, you just don't have to roast it as long as when you have dark meat also. That cooks to a higher temp. (160F. vs. 175F. for dark meat.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner - Sunday, 5/17?? by cjs (Trixxee, you just do...)
Thai sumpthin That Thai basil in the Aerogarden thing is just popin' full of buds. Gotta use it before it goes to flowers. Some kind of Thai Shrimp probbly. All suggestions appreciated
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner - Sunday, 5/17?? by farnfam (Thai sumpthin [img]/...)
We're having leftovers...roast pork, steamed baby squash and fingerling potatoes. It's 105°F in the shade here in Riverbank, CA
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner - Sunday, 5/17?? by bjcotton (We're having leftove...)
Jean, how did the pizza party go? We catered yesterday, so ate when we got home at 10:30pm. Pulled pork, broccoli slaw and corn.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Sunday, 5/17?? by Lorraine (Jean, how did the pi...)
Oh man, we SOOOOOO overate!! Trisa, our hostess, had read somewhere about a pizza topping of meyer lemon, rosemary, Mozzarella, red onions (all thinly, thinly sliced) - she didn't have meyers, so I suggested dusting with a little granulaated sugar. Oh my, is this a wonderful combination! And surprisingly, the flavor of the dough for some reason was really heightened. It was just plain wonderful.

The whole dinner (all pizzas) was and three teenage boys ate almost all the Rice Krispie Ice Cream cake. We served it with mascerated strawberries (I used some of Tobin James' Charisma - a dessert wine) - Wow, was that tasty.

We probably gained 15 lbs., thanks for asking...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner - Sunday, 5/17?? by cjs (Oh man, we SOOOOOO o...)
It's almost strawberry timne here. Thanks for the idea, Jean. The pizza sounds great.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Sunday, 5/17?? by cjs (Trixxee, you just do...)
Quote:

Trixxee, you just don't have to roast it as long as when you have dark meat also. That cooks to a higher temp. (160F. vs. 175F. for dark meat.)

Thanks cjs! I wound up doing a 6 hour brine and it turned out great, as did the gravy.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...avy-236317
  Re: Re: Dinner - Sunday, 5/17?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
that looks really good, Trixxee - and now you get to have turkey sandwiches!! I want one!
www.achefsjourney.com