Maryann - Did You Have A Great Time???
  Re: (...)
Tell us about your vacation cruise - and the menus!! Dying to hear about it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Maryann - Did You Have A Great Time??? by cjs (Tell us about your v...)
You beat me to it. Can't wait to hear.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Maryann - Did You Have A Great Time??? by Lorraine (You beat me to it. ...)
C'mon Mare, we'd love you to "tell all"
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Maryann - Did You Have A Great Time??? by farnfam (C'mon Mare, we'd lov...)
It was wonderful!!! Thanks for asking! As usual we ate too much, drank too much and came home exhausted. At our age, it's not easy, but somebody has to do it!

The meals in the dining room were excellent, no complaints there. But, we were less than thrilled with the buffet food, which was never hot enough for me, (how can they get away with that???) and not as enjoyable as we have had on previous trips. Something was definately wrong in that area, as the wait-staff wasn't even friendly like they were in the dining room.

Anyway, about the food. Dinners always begin with a list of starters to choose from (soups, salads, seafood) always hot and yummy. This is about the only time I have snails and they were fabulous. Have never been able to get Ron to eat them, so slipped one on his plate when he wasn't looking. (He was very surprised how tasty it was!)

Entrees included things like lobster, grouper, snapper, beef wellington, filet mignon sitting on a nice little slice of short rib with a wine sauce. There was always a shrimp dish on the menu and always some type of pasta. You can order as many starters and entrees as you wish, but after grazing several times a day at the buffet lines, one is plenty.

We went to 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman, then went on sailing and snorkeling excursions in Belize and Roatan, and that was fabulous, but definately a work-out. Isla Roatan, Honduras was my favorite. Not only is it beautiful there, the people there are so kind, friendly, and gracious, more than any other place we have been. We will definately be going back. Maybe next time we will have more time there and be able to look up Labs when we go.

We finished our week back in Tampa, where my brother and SIL met us to spend the day. We did not end up going to the Columbia restro as planned, as we found out that nothing is open in Ybor City on Sunday except the Columbia. We made a complete change and went to a place in St. Petersburg that is well known for their smoked fish and had smoked mullet and mahi-mahi. It was to die for!
Then, we went to the Salvadore Dali museum for a few hours. We didn't know who he was either, but he is best known for surrealism. We had an excellent tour guide and it was a most interesting way to spend the afternoon.

I have to go to an appointment now, but will try and post some pictures on photobucket later.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Maryann - Did You Have A Great Time??? by Mare749 (It was wonderful!!! ...)
Sounds wonderful!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Maryann - Did You Have A Great Time??? by cjs (Sounds wonderful!...)
Oh Mare, that sounds so good!!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Maryann - Did You Have A Great Time??? by Mare749 (It was wonderful!!! ...)
Sounds like a fantastic trip and amazing food!

Love Dali! How fun to go to his museum! Glad you had a good time, now that you're home you can relax.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Oh Maryann, It sounds so wonderful! Just a beach and some sun - and a Nanny - sounds good to me right now!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Maryann - Did You Have A Great Time??? by esgunn (Oh Maryann, It sound...)
Wow. It sounds as though you had a really great time! Lucky you! Glad that you made it home safely, as well.
Someday before I die, I hope to get Jack on a cruise.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
That sounds wonderful, Maryann! I'm so glad you got to get away for a while. I've heard similar things about buffets on cruise ships recently. Wonder what's going on there?

For the last few years, I've been trying to get Picky to take a cruise with me on my birthday. Maybe next year I'm happy you had a nice time!

PJ
PJ