Guess What (Don't you just hate that?)
  Re: (...)
Waiting for me on the front porch yesterday was a brand new Burr Coffee Grinder and one of the KitchenAid Beaterblades (Sharon & Bob got it for me). It doesn't necessarily replace the paddle on the KA, but it has silicone strips along the outside of the blades that continuously scrapes the side of your bowl so you don't have to stop and scrape it down. It also says that it mixes up to 50% faster. We'll see.

After the 107-100-90-80+ temps in California, it's colder than h@II up here...65.5 at 6:21 PM.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Guess What (Don't you just hate that?) by bjcotton (Waiting for me on th...)
Poor baby! It was 85 here today - thank heavens! Let me know about that beaterblade - If it works I must have one.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Guess What (Don't you just hate that?) by bjcotton (Waiting for me on th...)
I just got one of those, called the Sideswipe. I love it! What a difference it makes in beating butter, cream cheese for cheesecake, and buttercream . Best 30 bucks I've spent in a long time on kitchen equipment.

You're gonna love it.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Guess What (Don't you just hate that?) by pjcooks (I just got one of th...)
I forgot to mention I also got one of the melon/pineapple slicers. It looks like an apple slicer, but you use it on melons and pineapples. I usually halve the melons, scrape out the seeds & yuk, slice each half into quarters, slice off the peel and then cut into bite size pieces. This will save slicing it into 8th's, but you still have to scrape the seeds off and slice off the peel, then chunk it. It also will core the pineapple and slice it into 8 pieces. Don't know why I JUST HAD TO HAVE IT since it really doesn't save that much work. Oh well, another item for the second hand store in six months

Billy
  Re: Re: Guess What (Don't you just hate that?) by pjcooks (I just got one of th...)
I also got the Sideswipe for an early Christmas present from DH after CI gave it a better rating. Used it for all my Christmas cookies. It is wonderful. I forgot about it last week and started a cake with the regular paddle and got to the scrape the sides part of the recipe and remembered the Sideswipe. I quickly put it in and did not have to scrape the sides at all. The only minor annoyance is that it is hard to get all of the batter off the blade. I solved that problem easily by using my clean fingers. Much easier than a spatula and all came off, didn't really have much to lick off the blade (yes I love raw batter, bad me). It cleans up super fast with just soap and water.
  Re: Re: Guess What (Don't you just hate that?) by Cubangirl (I also got the Sides...)
I eyed the Sideswipe in a store a while back and wondered if it was worthwhile...hmmmm
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Billy, have you ever used a Burr grinder? I bought one last month at Costco (Capresso $29) and what a find. Coffee is so much richer than when ground with a regular grinder. I'm thinking of buying another just in case this one should wear out.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Guess What (Don't you just hate that?) by Dismc (Billy, have you ever...)
The only place I've tried it is at Sharon's. I liked it so much better.

Billy
  Re: Re: Guess What (Don't you just hate that?) by bjcotton (The only place I've ...)
Now this is interesting...Hmmm....must go shopping....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Guess What (Don't you just hate that?) by Mare749 (Now this is interest...)
Quote:

Now this is interesting...Hmmm....must go shopping....

Me, too!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com