June Birthday!!
  Re: (...)
Looks like we have only one b'day in June??? marzyn and didn't she say she was going to be in Austria for her birthday, so think we'll get a b'day menu out of her this year? Hope so.

If not, can someone else step up who hasn't chosen one for a while and/or missed out on their own b'day?

(may I say, I can't wait for Monday morning!!!!! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: June Birthday!! by cjs (Looks like we have o...)
"may I say, I can't wait for Monday morning!!!!! "

WHINE, WHINE, WHINE!!!!!! As soon as school is out, I'm making a trip to the city to find some ouzo, come he!! or high water!!!!!!

I hope someone steps up, but I've got to catch up in the mean time!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Quote:

Looks like we have only one b'day in June??? marzyn and didn't she say she was going to be in Austria for her birthday, so think we'll get a b'day menu out of her this year? Hope so.

If not, can someone else step up who hasn't chosen one for a while and/or missed out on their own b'day?

(may I say, I can't wait for Monday morning!!!!! )

Yes dear Jean, God-willing I'll be having a Sacher torte at Demel's to celebrate my 54th b-day!
When you say you want a b-day menu, do you mean you want me to write about my meal that day? I can do that, even better, I can keep a log of the places-menus of the places we visit, not only in Vienna but throughout the tour. Would that be ok? But that'd have to wait till we return home on the 27th. I don't know the site's protocol regarding the issue, haven't been able to participate much so far this year.
Bearhugs to all,
Marina
  Re: Re: June Birthday!! by marzyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Marina,

It's very simple. When someone has a birthday, that person picks some recipes from Cuisine at Home to make up a birthday menu, posting the list here, in the forum. To help out, some of the more regular people type in or copy and paste the chosen recipes so that everyone on the forum will have them.

At that point, whoever wishes to participate makes as many of the birthday-menu recipes as they would like or are able, They don't have to be MADE on the birthday - just some time before then.

On the actual birthday, all who participated write reviews and comments about the chosen recipes, including likes and dislikes, variations made due to unavailability or dislike of some ingredients, family-member or guest comments, etc.

Since you are the only birthday person on the site, this month, you have the honour of selecting the only birthday meal for us to review this month.

So, check out your Cuisine at Home magazines (especially, but not necessarily the latest issue) and decide what you would like to be your "birthday dinner." It doesn't all have to come from one issue, and if you don't happen to have the magazine available (as I don't, here in Honduras), check the magazine's main website to see the table of contents of the current issue and lists of recipes from past issues that are in the annual volumes. From there, you can get some ideas, then get the recipes from other regulars here.

Have fun!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: June Birthday!! by labradors (Marina,[br][br]It's ...)
...and, in addition - please keep a food log to post and drive us crazy with envy when you return...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: June Birthday!! by labradors (Marina,[br][br]It's ...)
I wish I could get the magazine here Rob, sniff! But anyhow, give me a couple days to check past editions since it seems that the Greek dinner has been already reviewed, I would have loved to "do" that one for Greek is one of my favorite cuisines.
The pernil (fresh pork ham) is enticing, would be my choice if I were to invite a crowd, but I doubt that someone would be willing to try it because it's meant for a large group. This is what we make here on Christmas Eve or large parties. BTW, suggestions are accepted! :-)
And Jean, I'll keep that log with pleasure!
Bearhugs,
Marina
  Re: Re: June Birthday!! by marzyn (I wish I could get t...)
Marina, just ask most anyone to post the recipes for you and I'm sure they will. If I see your request first, I'll post it for you.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Sorry Jean to disappoint you but I have to pass this year, it seems that there won't be a birthday menu for me. I checked the past issues as Billy suggested and was not able to find anything that would really interest me at this time, with the exception of the pernil in the current issue (I don;t have the recipe because I can't get the magazine here, but pernil is a very common dish in Venezuela, especially at Christmas Eve).
I'm traveling this week so things are hectic here, so I'll check back when I return.
Bearhugs,
Marina
  Re: Re: June Birthday!! by marzyn (Sorry Jean to disapp...)
Have a safe and wonderful trip Marina, and a very Happy Birthday in Austria! We all look forward to seeing pics and hearing about all the good meals you had.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: June Birthday!! by Mare749 (Have a safe and wond...)
Have a great trip and don't forget your food log.
www.achefsjourney.com