CAH Grilling book - newer edition
  Re: (...)
Last week we tried a few recipes from this book. I'm kinda on a kick where I pick a book and make my menu for the week from it. This was last week's book of choice.

So far ...
Tonight will be Chicken in tomato tarragon sauce with spinach and fennel salad, grilled cantaloupe with honey yogurt sauce - didn't get to this one during the week.

Blue cheese steaks with grilled pears and arugula-walnut salad. Put some blue cheese on top of your steak; simple. The part we enjoyed more was the salad with grilled pears. We liked it so much, we had the salad twice this week.

The peppered tuna with olive tapenade and cannellini bean salad was also very good. This would be a good recipe for entertaining, I think. The bean salad and tapenade made ahead, and then the tuna is so quick on the grill. I was trying to imagine a first course soup and green salad to make more of a meal. For a soup, I thought roasted red pepper & tomato.

Flagged for the future are

prosciutto wrapped chicken tenders with lemon & rosemary
nectarines with balsamic syrup & pistachios
five spice glazed chicken and plum salsa
huli huli pork with pineapple and peppers
shrimp stuffed avocados with citrus aioli & pesto corn salad
halibut jambalaya with couscous
sesame ginger salmon with spinach salad with avocado & cucumber

This week I've made my selections from the Weeknights II book... falafel meatball wrap, steak diane, & pork pad thai.
  Re: CAH Grilling book - newer edition by HomeCulinarian (Last week we tried a...)
"five spice glazed chicken and plum salsa"

Well piddle, guess I have to get the book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CAH Grilling book - newer edition by cjs ("five spice glazed c...)
I was just thinking the same thing! Some good sounding meals in that one.

What a great idea you have, HC, to pick your menus for the week from one book. This is a goal of mine to do more actual menu planning rather than just "winging it" like we do most of the time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: CAH Grilling book - newer edition by Mare749 (I was just thinking ...)
I have gotten so lazy about doing my menu plan this year. I plan to get back to that as soon as school gets out. Then I will be able to continue it next school year.

I have the chicken tender marked as well!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: CAH Grilling book - newer edition by Gourmet_Mom (I have gotten so laz...)
This book must have gotten tucked behind another because I completely forgot about it. Thank you for mentioning it.

I'm looking forward to grilling tomorrow, though not a C@H recipe. It's "spiced pork ribs w/guava glaze and orange habanero mojo".

Can you guess whose recipe it is?
  Re: Re: CAH Grilling book - newer edition by Trixxee (This book must have ...)
It seems like I do better in the winter picking a cookbook and cooking from it for a week or so. In the summer, with all the grilling and fresh veggies, it's so much fun to wing it. but, I love doing what Jeanette does.

Trixxee, sounds like Sharon to me
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CAH Grilling book - newer edition by cjs (It seems like I do b...)
It does sound like Sharon, but I'm kind of wondering if it's your own recipe, Trixxee?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: CAH Grilling book - newer edition by Mare749 (It does sound like S...)
or maybe Bill's?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CAH Grilling book - newer edition by cjs (or maybe Bill's?...)
It's Bobby Flay's. I saw him make them yesterday on TV. They looked so darn good.
  Re: Re: CAH Grilling book - newer edition by Trixxee (It's Bobby Flay's. ...)
and how were they?
www.achefsjourney.com