June 1st Dinner Review
  Re: (...)
The Menu was:
Spicy Feta Dip
Roasted Marinated Peppers

Grilled Ouzo Shrimp
Creamy Green Bean Orzo Salad

Blueberry Parfait (with lemon crème Fraiche ice cream)

The review:
Grilled Ouzo Shrimp

Bill, I was sorry to hear you and Jane weren't that happy with the Shrimp dish - maybe not having the Ouzo made the difference.

We love the shrimp and the marinade! I joked about making a cocktail out of it, but I may play with it as a salad dressing. Didn't like that the recipe called for grilling the shrimp for 15 minutes - for nice tender shrimp, that is just too long. will definitely make this again - especially since I have the bottle of Ouzo.

Creamy Green Bean Orzo Salad
This dish just didn't do it for me, it wasn't bad, but we just thought it was blah and I'm sure I won't make it again.

Blueberry Parfait with Lemon Creme Fraiche Ice Cream

Oh MY!!!!
[Image: BlueberryParfait1.jpg]

We loved this!! and the ice cream - Roy says it is one of the best he's ever tasted and it does have a wonderful flavor. I think it's as good as Lemon-Luscious Ice cream and sure a lot faster to prep. Served it on my birthday for company and we were all wanting to lick the darn baloon glasses - which is impossible.

Spicy Feta Dip
I have everything for it, but just ran out of time to make it. will probably make it this week sometime.

Overall, we were really pleased with the menu - and will make all again, except the Green beans.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: June 1st Dinner Review by cjs (The Menu was:[br]Spi...)
We enjoyed the shrimp with the marinade. It was different. A new taste for us. James liked it more than me, I thought it was ok.
Agree with Jean, the orzo/greenbean dish seemed quite bland.
Hardly ever do desserts and not a big berry fan.
Overall, not sorry we tried it, but probbly will not make again. Maybe give it a 5.5
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: June 1st Dinner Review by farnfam (We enjoyed the shrim...)
Sorry, Jean, I didn't make this one, as I knew it just wouldn't fly. The dessert sounds fabulous. I'm saving that one for future use. The picture is gorgeous!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: June 1st Dinner Review by Mare749 (Sorry, Jean, I didn'...)
I'm moving Denise's review over to this thread so they are all together, I hope.

Denise's notes:
"Ok we did these last night. I'm with Bill on this one. I think the main problem is we do not like the taste of licorice at all. I was hoping that with it just being on the outside and then grilled that wouldn't be quite as powerful.

Bottom line...if it calls for Anise, Pernod, Ouzo I probably won't do it

And Jean is right on the money in the grilling times. I did 4 min on one side and 3 minutes on the other and let them set for about a minute. They were grilled to perfection "

Funny, I'm not a licorice flavor fan either, but I sure did like this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: June 1st Dinner Review by cjs (I'm moving Denise's ...)
Shoot, I'm going to be late with this review too!

We just returned from a long weekend visiting my parents, and I still need to buy the ouzo (unless I can use sambucca? I found that hidden behind the rum...). Hopefully I can get to the grocery store tomorrow since we have no fruit and only a red pepper and an avocado in the refrigerator-- dinner tonight will be interesting!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: June 1st Dinner Review by foodfiend (Shoot, I'm going to ...)
I think Sambucca will work. Do you think so, Jean??
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: June 1st Dinner Review by farnfam (I think Sambucca wil...)
The spicy feta dip is a keeper!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: June 1st Dinner Review by Old Bay (The spicy feta dip i...)
I didn't get around to this one, but really want to try the Greek menu.

What about the marinated peppers?
  Re: Re: June 1st Dinner Review by HomeCulinarian (I didn't get around ...)
"I think Sambucca will work. Do you think so, Jean??" - I don't really know, Cis, which has the strongest anise flavor? Bill, is Sambucca what you used? can't remember

Jeanette, I'm making the marinated peppers today to go with the Feta dip. So, you liked the dip, eh Bill?? Anxious to try it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: June 1st Dinner Review by cjs ("I think Sambucca wi...)
Wow, I agree with Bill!!! The spicy Feta Dip is a keeper - it's great. I just made it and I hope I can stay out of it til cocktail time and Roy comes up.

It's a repeat!
www.achefsjourney.com