Dinner Monday 6/1????
  Re: (...)
Little late, but maybe someone will have a better idea than I have... I'm just grilling some lamb chops and making a green salad with garbanzos and kidney beans, probably not even any bread. Maybe fruit - still have some watermelon.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Monday 6/1???? by cjs (Little late, but may...)
Chowmein and maybe this...http://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-fried-shrimp-balls-with-wonton/
  Re: Dinner Monday 6/1???? by cjs (Little late, but may...)

I think grilled teriyaki shrimp-although I've tried several teri recipes and I can't seem to find one Picky likes. (He just wants the Chinese restaurant version) Any ideas? Rolls, haricot verts to go with.

Lamb chops are a good idea, still working on Picky to eat those.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday 6/1???? by pjcooks ([br]I think grilled ...)
I'm making falafel tonight.
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday 6/1???? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making falafel t...)
Had I known the sun was going to finally come out after 5 days of gloom and that my son wouldn't have any homework tonight I would have made something on the grill.

Didn't know any of that this morning so I threw a pot roast in the crock pot with the dreaded cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix. Mashed taters and steamed carrots with it.

And I am sick of smelling it!
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday 6/1???? by pjcooks ([br]I think grilled ...)
No Idea. and It is time to get it going. Hubby left on a 10 day trip today and the kids and I have been outside in the lake enjoying the sunshine.

PJ gave me an idea - maybe terriyaki chicken. PJ this is the recipe my kids love, but it uses bottled terriyaki. Can you get Yoshida's Gourmet sauce? I mix that with canned pinapple juice. They love it and it is pretty good. If you can't get it - I found this on the net... But like I said - what makes it for my kids is mixing with pineapple juice.

[this is from the recipelink site listed in "sources". haven't tried it myself, but it looks promising. hope this helps.]

"YOSHIDA SAUCE

2 cups soy sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
3/4 cup white sugar, divided
8 green onions, cut into 1 1/2 inch sections
4 slices fresh ginger root
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 cup honey

Combine soy sauce, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, green onions, ginger and garlic in a 2 quart saucepan. Bring the mixture to a slight boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.

Pour the remaining white and brown sugar and the honey into the saucepan. Bring to a boil. The mixture will rise and foam, when it does this and doubles in size remove the pan from heat and cool.

Yields 5 cups

Hope this helps! I LOVE Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce and I used to by it at a warehouse store before it was discontinued. Let me know how this one pans out! Best of luck!"
Source(s):
http://www.recipelink.com/mf/14/29777
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday 6/1???? by esgunn (No Idea. and It is ...)
It is so warm here and I have yet to turn on the AC so I made a big Greek Salad with some tuna and grilled garlic bread. My energy is still lost so every night is quick and easy.

Jean, I bought a whole watermelon and had my daughter cut it up for me. There was so much, I was afraid I would end up tossing it. I have been putting it in the blender with a bit of vanilla ice cream. It makes such a refreshing smoothie! If I weren't on antibiotics, I would add some vodka too.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday 6/1???? by esgunn (No Idea. and It is ...)
Thanks for the recipe, Erin, I'll definately give it a go. Now that you've reminded me, Yoshida was the teri sauce of choice when I worked for a catering company years ago. I agree, pineapple brings it over the top.

Copied and printed.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday 6/1???? by pjcooks (Thanks for the recip...)
We use Yoshida's all the time. By us, you can buy it at BJ's, Sam's and Costco in the big jugs. Haven't tried it with pineapple juice yet, but it sure sounds good. Sometimes we add some hot chili garlic sauce to it to "warm" it up a bit.

Dinner tonight was a cup of vegetable soup, a mixed vegetable salad, and a grilled chicken breast. Ron had ribs that we cooked over the weekend. Today is Alyssa's 4th birthday, so had a "sliver" of birthday cake tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday 6/1???? by Mare749 (We use Yoshida's all...)
Quote:

Today is Alyssa's 4th birthday, so had a "sliver" of birthday cake tonight.

Happy Birthday, Alyssa!!

PJ
PJ