Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/4???
  Re: (...)
It's Thursday, already??? Where the heck did the week go?

Roy's working on the electrical & plumbing in the green house, so I get a day off down there. I'm going to play today. Found 2 pkgs. of oxtail in the freezer - going to braise them in red wine and then make a Oxtail Pate that I found in an old gourmet ('93).

Also, the new Sunset mag. had a recipe for frozen yogurt (they call it fro-yo ) that I want to make also today. You just add a little sugar or you can make a lemon fro-yo using lemon curd. Not sure which way I'll go. I bet I could add some Hershey's chocolate, too.....

Dinner's going to be leftover Ina's Butternut squash salad with l/o grilled steak.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/4??? by cjs (It's Thursday, alrea...)
We're going to be having choice of the leftover falafel or Pork Pad Thai. Both were really good, but what you're having, Jean, sounds better!

We've been trying harder to minimize the build up of leftovers that just get thrown out the next week. We've just finished our first year of empty nesting and were honing in on the right amount to cook Another change was that we went on the healthy living diet in January - so the quantities and food choices are different, too. Different, but better! BTW, my weight loss has slowed, but I'm about 28# lighter than I was in December. Hubby also lost about the same amount. I really do feel better and am looking forward to getting my blood work results in about a month.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/4??? by HomeCulinarian (We're going to be ha...)
What a great healthy year you've had, Jeanette! I think the hardest thing for me to cook after the kids were gone was potatoes - it was impossible for me to put two little potatoes in a pot. Took a good long time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/4??? by HomeCulinarian (We're going to be ha...)
Quote:

We're going to be having choice of the leftover falafel or Pork Pad Thai. Both were really good, but what you're having, Jean, sounds better!

Not here, Jeanette. Given the choice, I'd definitely take the Falafel and Pad Thai instead of the In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida meal.

Today, I'll be making Cream-of-Broccoli Soup and Cold, White-Garlic Soup (Ajoblanco). Not sure, yet, what I'll do for dinner.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/4??? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, I know I'll be having the leftover eggplant parm from last night, which BTW, was very good (from Dr. Gourmet) and will be made again. May have a small side of pasta and a salad to go with. Ron can only go meatless for one day, so he will get a nice steak on the grill.

Jeanette, congratulations on your new healthy lifestyle and weight loss. I'm down 5 lbs. already, but know that will slow up like you mentioned. It's better though, then our skin won't sag...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/4??? by Mare749 (Well, I know I'll be...)
Jeanette, is that falafel recipe posted anywhere? I'd love to try it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/4??? by labradors (Jeanette, is that fa...)
Leftovers here also. We've always been empty nesters, it's the leftovers from catering events that fill up our fridge and freezer. Tonight it's meatballs in a burgundy gravy. I'm roasting two sheet pans of fingerling potatoes in garlic oil and coarse salt. Want to get it done before it gets too hot.

We made frozen yogurt yesterday! (We had 6 quarts of plain yogurt ofetover ). He added some coconut juice and coconut to it, with, I think, a bit of corn syrup. Then added toasted coconut while it was churning. It was fabulous!

We must be eating healthier here also, I'm down almost 2 sizes since January. (Lots more to go, though!).
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/4??? by Lorraine (Leftovers here also....)
"the In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida meal" - what the heck does that mean?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/4??? by Lorraine (Leftovers here also....)
Great job, Jeanette! You should be very proud of yourself. I have never had good falafel, it always tastes like cardboard, it would be interesting to see your recipe.

We must do leftovers tonight. It is either kabobs on couscous or the meatballs in paprika sauce. By the way, serving the paprika sauce over french fries was brilliant! I bought the organic fries with a bit of sea salt and baked them to a crisp to keep it more healthful. Smothered in the onions, peppers, and paprika was delish.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/4??? by cjs ("the In-A-Gadda-Da-V...)
""the In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida meal" - what the heck does that mean? "

my guess is a play on Ina Garten! And you do know there is a song(I think it is the longest song ever) from the 70's, right?

ooops, it is from 1968, my bad.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!