Speaking of desserts...
  Re: (...)
I forgot to mention that the one (and only) dessert that Ron and I tried on vacation was that chocolate melting pot thingy that everyone was raving about not too long ago.

It was served (separately) with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and was positively heavenly. This was not something I'd ever wanted to try before because I kept thinking that it would taste like an under-baked cake. Not so! It was absolutely exquisite, hot and melty and smooth, oh my! So rich, though, that together, we only ate half of it. We would have enjoyed this so much more if we could have had it a few hours later.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Speaking of desserts... by Mare749 (I forgot to mention ...)
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, chocolate!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Speaking of desserts... by bjcotton (Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, cho...)
Maryann, only one dessert on vacation!?!? What willpower (and it sounds as though you had the absolute best dessert, anyway)! I could not have done it... Nope, absolutely not!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Speaking of desserts... by foodfiend (Maryann, only [u]one...)
Mare were you able to coax a recipe out of anyone?!?! I think you may have found a cure for PMS
  Re: Re: Speaking of desserts... by DFen911 (Mare were you able t...)
Am I thinking of a chocolate fondue is what you had? What did you dip in it? Or am I off in left field? Whatever, it was chocolate so had to be good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Speaking of desserts... by foodfiend (Maryann, only [u]one...)
It wasn't really willpower, Vicci. It's just that you feel like a stuffed goose most of the week with the overabundance of food.

This is driving me nuts that I can't think of the name of that chocolate dessert, so I can't even reference a recipe. But, to describe it a little better...it was in an individual souffle cup, and was like chocolate cake with a hot liquid center. I guess you could call it a chocolate souffle, but it was crispy around the edges and not puffy. Does anyone remember this discussion from a few months ago?
Maryann

Re: Re: Speaking of desserts... by Mare749 (It wasn't really wil...)
Oh crap, now I know what you're referring to! Duh, sorry Maryann, a little low this a.m. They're called all different names - Chocolate Molten cakes, etc.

I have a couple of recipes for them and they ARE delicious! But, they are certainly not a light dessert, so if you go into them already pretty full, that's hard.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Speaking of desserts... by cjs (Oh crap, now I know ...)
Thanks Jean, I just hate when the brain refuses to cooperate with my impatience. Chocolate molten cakes! That's exactly the name I was looking for! Yummmmmmy!
Not likely we'll be having it anytime soon, but sure is much better than we ever thought possible. I actually had to beg Ron to try it because he just couldn't get past the liquid center, but after the first taste, he pretty much took over. We still couldn't finish it, though.
Maryann

Re: Re: Speaking of desserts... by Mare749 (Thanks Jean, I just ...)
I love those cakes, but I agree, eating it a few hours after dinner is much easier.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Speaking of desserts... by Lorraine (I love those cakes, ...)
I've only had it once....one I tried for either birthday or Valentine's last year....YUUUUUMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!

What is going on with you guys?!?!?!? I don't usually crave desserts, but this is number 4 today...the Blueberry Bliss sorbet, espresso tart, carrot cake, and now this! MERCY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.