Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper?
  Re: (...)
Well, since you asked...it's Butter Beans with Ham, Hatch Chile Skillet Cornbread, green salad, and 3-layer Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting for Dessert. Paul's due home tonight about 6:30-7:00 PM, so get it while you can.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by bjcotton (Well, since you aske...)
Oh my, that sounds soooo good, Billy. Me, I had a big vegetable salad, a cup of Weight Watcher 1 point cheesey vegetable soup, and a small hamburger on a whole grain bun.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by Mare749 (Oh my, that sounds s...)
We went out for dinner with our friends after dance class tonight. It was a most pleasant evening! We had patio seating at a little local restaurant called Radio Maria that serves 30 craft beers on tap. I had one of the dinner specials, potato encrusted Chilean sea bass with shiitake and spring onions and wasabi foam. It was excellent! Hubby had a strip steak which he devoured. Our friends each had one of the two salmon dishes and couldn't agree on which they liked better. The weather was gorgeous. Great way to end a busy week!
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by HomeCulinarian (We went out for dinn...)
Ok I thought I was full...but just read your dinner Billy and darn if I"m not hungry again!
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by DFen911 (Ok I thought I was f...)
Wow, two tempranillos on the menu, Jeanette! (love that wine) Looks like a fun place.

I was testing some recipes for another forum, so had quite a mishmash of food. Fried raviolis (so-so), grilled salmon (pretty good), glazed pork chops (tasty) and leftover blackberry bliss frozen yogurt.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by HomeCulinarian (We went out for dinn...)
That does look like a fun place, Jeannette! Wish we were closer!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by cjs (Wow, two tempranillo...)
We had the glazed pork chops and mixed grain that we got at the Asian store -3 or 4 kinds of rice, 2 different lentils, and some barley. The pork chops were yummy but the grain mix was "the bomb"!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by Harborwitch (We had the glazed po...)
Well, we finally had the meatballs over gemelli. Picked up a great olive and herb filone at Harris Teeters, could have eaten teh whole loaf myself. Dessert was a frozen banana chocolate milk concoction he made. Very tasty, and much lighter than regular ice cream.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by Lorraine (Well, we finally had...)
We had our regular Friday night steak dinner. They ran the tenderloins for $3.99 this week, so we had a really special dinner...YUM!!! But I'd trade my steak for some of those butter beans and a big ol' slice of that cake, Billy!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.