Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper on 6/07?
  Re: (...)
Well, I'm thinking of a Primavers with Seared Seafood (Issue 63) for tomorrow, depending on when Paul has to leave. If he has to leave in the morning I'll probably have a sandwich, if he leaves late afternoon I'll fix the Primavera.

How about y'all?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper on 6/07? by bjcotton (Well, I'm thinking o...)
That's funny...if I get up off my bum, I have primavera planned myself!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper on 6/07? by Gourmet_Mom (That's funny...if I ...)
We're having plain ole go to h*ll hot dogs with home made buns. And FINALLY Tracie's watermelon salad that she o.d.s on on summer long!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper on 6/07? by cjs (We're having plain o...)
Hmmmmm, musta missed that one. I've got Watermelon Salsa, two Watermelon Sorbets, and a Watermelon Wine Granita. Would you post it please?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper on 6/07? by bjcotton (Hmmmmm, musta missed...)
It was great! Grilled copper river salmon, ceasar salad and a baked potato. YUM! And homemade apple pie for dessert.

(My mom is visiting! )
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper on 6/07? by esgunn (It was great! Gril...)
We had the Butternut Squash salad, chix breast, pita bread with cheese and a nice bottle of Goosecross Sauv Blanc....
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper on 6/07? by esgunn (It was great! Gril...)
Quote:

Grilled copper river salmon

I read last week that the copper river salmon were running. I've never tasted it and would love to get my hands on some. We had leftover country style pork ribs.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper on 6/07? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Well, the shrimp didn't thaw in time, so I scraped together some beef stroganoff and peas...primavera is on for tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper on 6/07? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, the shrimp did...)
Lorraine, c'mon out and we'll pig out of Copper River salmon!!!

Billy, the recipe was in issue #70 - a side dish to Country Ribs with Mango Sauce, page 13.

Watermelon-Cucumber Salad with mint vinaigrette

1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 T. sugar
2 T. chopped fresh mint
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 cups seedless watermelon cubed
2 cups cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced into half moons
1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced

Whisk vinegar, sugar, mint, and pepper flakes together in a large bowl until sugar dissolves.

Add watermelon, cucumber, and onion, tossing to coat. Serve chilled.
-----

Don't know how she doesn't get sick of this salad, but she just loves it. I'm anxious to try it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper on 6/07? by cjs (Lorraine, c'mon out ...)
I've been wanting to try that salad since I saw it - I just never have the right ingredients at the right time. If I don't the kids just gobble up the watermelon and leave nothing for me!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.