Squash Blossoms
  Re: (...)
Jeanette reminded me about these. Yesterday, I was pointing out to William which ones you use. He still can't wrap his brain around it...LOL! Anyway, how long will they last when cut if put in water and what recipes do you have? They've just started blooming, and it looks like there will be bunches. As a matter of fact, I noticed several yesterday that were HUGE and would be perfect! So I really would like to give this a try this year.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Squash Blossoms by Gourmet_Mom (Jeanette reminded me...)
Daphne, I really don't know how long they last - maybe someone can tell us. I always watch for the good ones and get everything ready and go cut them to use right then.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Squash Blossoms by cjs (Daphne, I really don...)
Maybe so....I may put one in a cup and set it in the fridge and experiment. I think I have the stuff to fry some of the blossoms, so I may make some tonight if William will cut me some. I hope he remembers which ones to get...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Squash Blossoms by Gourmet_Mom (Maybe so....I may pu...)
I would harvest them just before using them. They wilt quickly. Also be careful, because more than once I've brought a trapped bee into the house. They can get stuck inside the blossoms. I have a recipe for squash blossom soup and a quesadilla we liked. I found some other recipes last year, but didn't have enough blossoms to make anything else.