Monday's Dinner - 6/8??
  Re: (...)
We got waylaid yesterday afternoon - had to pick up wine club goodies and ended up drinking too much wine to come home and make the complicated dinner that I had planned. (Hot dogs ) So ended up at the Asian bistro and had some Pad Thai - yum, it was good.

So the hot dogs and watermelon salad are for tonight. But, I did taste the salad yesterday and it is really good!! A repeat for sure!

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner - 6/8?? by cjs (We got waylaid yeste...)
We've finally eaten all the meat in the fridge. I've been craving fish tacos., some lettuce for a salad, so hopefully, that's dinner. We have some fingerling potatoes that were roasted in garlic oil and coarse sea salt
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 6/8?? by Lorraine (We've finally eaten ...)
I'm going to try the Cajun Chicken Stroganoff from one of the weeknight books. Roasted patty pan squash too.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 6/8?? by Trixxee (I'm going to try the...)
We really like it. It can be spicy. Does it call for sausage - If so, I don't usually put it in, just the chicken and the mushrooms.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 6/8?? by esgunn (We really like it. ...)
Yeah, no sausage here either. I'd like it, but just too much fat.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 6/8?? by Trixxee (Yeah, no sausage her...)
I knew this morning that I was going to be busy at dinnertime, so put together a crockpot meal from "A Chef's Journey Home" called crockpot burritos, and a big romaine salad loaded with colorful veggies to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 6/8?? by Mare749 (I knew this morning ...)
Yippeeee!! I hope you like them - anxious to hear.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 6/8?? by cjs (Yippeeee!! I hope yo...)
I have been meaning to try those burritos....HMMMMM?

I'm still just living for the day I can start doing fun stuff. Off the top of my head on the way home, I decided to fry pork chops (something I rarely do, but the boys like it) and will serve with green beans and rice with gravy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 6/8?? by Gourmet_Mom (I have been meaning ...)
I'm cooking out of the Grilling book again this week. I think I'm going to make the Huli Huli Pork.
  Re: Monday's Dinner - 6/8?? by cjs (We got waylaid yeste...)
I have leftover glazed pork chops but I think I'll zap them with a little chipotle, maybe make some pupusas, and a big salad with tomatoes, avocados, and a cilantro lime vinaigrette.

We had to buy tomatoes twice this weekend. I forgot about Walter and tomatoes - he got the bag of beautiful tomatoes out of the chair (where we left them as we raced off to the boat) and ate the whole bag right through the little mesh shopping bag they were in. I swear I'm goin' to . . . . no I won't. Barbed wire is going around our tomatoes! The "herd" also tried to eat the 4 "8 ball" squash (round zucchinis about the size of an orange) so I just steamed it and they'll get that instead of green beans.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!