Just having too much fun!
  Re: (...)
I haven't been spending as much time here as I would have liked of late. It just feels like life is interfering with my LIFE.

A couple weeks ago we drove up to Laurie's for our Granddaughter Caroline's "promotion" from 8th grade to a high school freshman. It was wonderful! She was one of three student speakers at the ceremony, and is on the President's Gold List for academic achievement.

[Image: 3607466491_00693b9990.jpg]

The proud and happy family - left to right: Laurie, Caroline, John, and Greta.

[Image: 3608282820_d5331fb829.jpg]

Greta got a chance to show off a bit for us. She is becoming quite the musician - she plays the sax in a band is getting pretty good on the guitar her Grampa Floyd gave her (Yes, that is a Fender Stratocaster!)

[Image: 3607725473_8c168028ea.jpg]

Last week "the girls" came over for lunch and we got to have a nice visit with Havannah! She's such a good baby, and cuter than a bug's ear. Oh look - she has her Greatgramma's chins!

[Image: 3607466251_f7ae54e611.jpg]

Jennifer has been calling and bugging - she and Dan are furnishing her kitchen and she's having a ball! The first thing he got her was a Viking mixer. Yesterday they celebrated their 4 week anniversary with a trip to Sur la Table for a shopping trip. Today she's shopping for all the stuff, including a comal, to make Chicken Mole for him tonight. I guess the cooking genes run pretty deep in this family! She's anxious to stock the spice rack from Penzeys'. Dan pretty much says if I tell her she needs it she gets it. I'm so happy for her! (and yes, there's a tinge of green) She's looking a cookbooks and . . . . . oh my! It's a "mini me"!

Well must get back to work. Lots to do today!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Just having too much fun! by Harborwitch (I haven't been spend...)
Okay, let's try this again....LOL! I was wondering about the location of this post!

You sure have been busy! What a lovely family you have, Sharon. And Jennifer, what a snag you made to get a sweet hubby that intends to spoil you! LUCKY GIRL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Just having too much fun! by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, let's try this...)
Thank you! I'm kind of proud of them all.

A funny little aside. Jen and Dan were in the grocery store and she was looking for something she wanted in the produce section. They asked the produce manager - his reply was "well you can't always get what you want" Dan's reply was "what Jennifer wants, she gets". Spoiled isn't the word!

You know I don't know what happened?????? Crazy computers.
  Re: Just having too much fun! by Harborwitch (I haven't been spend...)
Oh my gosh, Sharon! Just looking at your pictures brings tears to my eyes. I know just how proud of your beautiful family you must be and rightly so! Thanks for sharing your happiness with us.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Just having too much fun! by Mare749 (Oh my gosh, Sharon! ...)
It was funny when Caroline got the President's award the presenter explained that there would be a letter from President Obama - her folks were thrilled about the achievement but would have preferred the letter to be signed by some one else. Gotta laugh, it's family!
  Re: Re: Just having too much fun! by Harborwitch (It was funny when Ca...)
Wow that is quite an accomplishment for someone her age to get up and make a speech Very well done. That shows she's going to be outgoing and assertive. Oh these next 4 years will go by so fast

Tell Greta to never, ever give up on her music. It will help her in so many ways and what a wonderful talent to have
  Re: Re: Just having too much fun! by DFen911 (Wow that is quite an...)
Great post, pictures and bringing us up to date with the family, Sharon!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Just having too much fun! by cjs (Great post, pictures...)
Oh, happy days with your family! Thanx for sharing the photos.
  Re: Re: Just having too much fun! by HomeCulinarian (Oh, happy days with ...)
Thank so much all! It's really nice to be close and involved and we are so very proud of them all.