Supper last night
  Re: (...)
I arrived at Marilee's house about 2 PM and immediately called her to find out what if anything was planned for supper. Nothing was, so I went to the local Fred Meyer's and got 4 Petite Sirloin Pepper States, 3 with their pepper/spice mix and one marinated in Burgundy and spices; 3 Vidalia onions, and about 2 pounds of button mushrooms. We had the steaks, baked potatoes, salad (gathered from the Truck Farm fields just before supper), and Rhubarb Crisp with Vanilla ice cream. They'd invited my oldest brother, David, over and it was a nice meal. Don't know what's for supper tonight, but probably something simple, quick and easy.

What did you have?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Supper last night by bjcotton (I arrived at Marilee...)
We went to Olive Garden But yours sounds soooo much better
  Re: Supper last night by bjcotton (I arrived at Marilee...)
We had almost the same dinner as you, Billy. Two nice steaks grilled to perfection (not by me!) a big vegetable salad and a baked potato. No rhubarb crisp, though it sounds great. Dessert was a sugar-free jello with a squirt of reddi-whip.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Supper last night by Mare749 (We had almost the sa...)
We had grilled pizza with marinara, fontina, kalamatas, pine nuts and finished off with fresh parm and julienned basil, drizzled with olive oil and maldon salt.

As Roy does with each new topping, he said, THIS IS THE BEST SO FAR!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Supper last night by cjs (We had grilled pizza...)
Well, it was unexpectedly cool here and I got this craving for sauerbraten. Not something you can decide to make that day normally. I cheated and made a sauerbraten type goulash and served it over potato dumplings with red cabbage on the side. Hubby said it tasted like the real deal. It sure hit the spot for me too and the best part is there is enough for another night.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Supper last night by chef_Tab (Well, it was unexpec...)
Billy, what a wonderful brother you are! That dinner sounds awesome! I'd say you earned a quick and easy tonight!!!!

Jean, that pizza sounds yummy! I'm determined to grill one this summer....very soon! William wouldn't let me last time because he didn't want me to mess with "perfection"...LOL!

Last night was plain ol' beer can chicken, but with that wonderful spice rub from Sizzle that I love! I've been craving mashers so I served them with peas from the garden. The boys come home with the first squash of the season last night, and I immediately thought...squash casserole! So that is on for tonight. I picked up a pork sirloin roast, but have not figured out what to do with it yet...ideas??????? I figured some steamed cabbage would be a decent side...I had to think fast at the grocery store. Tomorrow is the last half day...just our school luncheon, so menu planning is on the agenda for tomorrow afternoon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Supper last night by Gourmet_Mom (Billy, what a wonder...)
We grilled a london broil - ran out of propane halfway through and had to finish in the grill pan! It was perfectly crispy outside and red inside.

We sauteed some onions & mushrooms with a bit of brandy and had simple buttered peas (frozen). Nice easy dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Supper last night by Harborwitch (We grilled a london ...)
We had the skewered flank steak, posted on another thread.

Sounds like Marilee had it planned all along for you to do the cooking.... everyone's a winner! Take it easy tonight!
  Re: Re: Supper last night by HomeCulinarian (We had the skewered ...)
" William wouldn't let me last time because he didn't want me to mess with "perfection"...LOL!"

Is Roy going to have to call William to tell him how good grilled pizza is????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Supper last night by cjs (" William wouldn't l...)
Actually all I cooked were the sautéed onions/mushrooms and microwaved the potatoes (Yukon Gold). Brian, Marilee's husband grilled the steaks and Marilee washed and prepared the salad. It was a team effort and turned out beautifully.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy