Thursday's Dinner - 6/11???
  Re: (...)
I've got to start using my basil - it's going crazy! So, I'm doing a recipe from the Smart Carbs book, Spinach-Pesto Chicken Thighs served with grilled corn and zucchini.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner - 6/11??? by cjs (I've got to start us...)
Tonight is pasta night, so it's going to be angel hair with homemade marinara and turkey meatballs, with a nice mixed green salad to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - 6/11??? by Mare749 (Tonight is pasta nig...)
I'm working out of the Smart Carb book the next three nights. Tonight it's the orange rosemary chicken. Also making the zucchini/yellow squash/parmesan recipe from the same book and of all things, low-sodium chicken rice a roni.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - 6/11??? by Trixxee (I'm working out of t...)
great minds and all that, Trixxee!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - 6/11??? by cjs (great minds and all ...)
I'll say! The other two I picked were the blackened chicken quesadillas and the steak recipe with the bernaise sauce. I haven't had a bernaise sauce in many, many years.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - 6/11??? by Trixxee (I'll say! The other...)
Oh, I love bernaise sauce! We're having an early steak night...got home much later than expected. Since I'll be on SUMMER TIME tomorrow (YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!) I can do something else other than Friday night steak. I'm thinking of trying the Teriyaki T-Bone from the newest Grilling book. If I do, I'll review later!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Thursday's Dinner - 6/11??? by cjs (I've got to start us...)
Quote:

I've got to start using my basil - it's going crazy!

What are you all up to?

And mine hasn't taken hold yet, it's been so cool and rainy since I planted it on Memorial Day...sounds good!

I'm making a haddock roulade, stuffed with scallops and shrimp, topped with toasted buttered Ritz crumbs and with a lobster sauce. And rolls, and peas.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - 6/11??? by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
My plans just changed...I'm heading to PJ's house!!!! I'll bring lots of basil!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - 6/11??? by Gourmet_Mom (My plans just change...)
We prepped yesterday, and didn't get home until almost 9. I had marked off some steaks I thought we'd finish in the oven at home, but was so tired we picked up pizza.

Not sure what's up this year, my basil is really slow to take off also.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - 6/11??? by Lorraine (We prepped yesterday...)
"So, I'm doing a recipe from the Smart Carbs book, Spinach-Pesto Chicken Thighs served with grilled corn and zucchini."

this was nothing to write home about. Of course, a beautifully grilled plain chicken thigh (sans skin) is a wonderful thing to me anyway. The corn and zucc were tasty.
www.achefsjourney.com