Glazed 5-spice chicken w/ plum salsa (Grilling II)
  Re: (...)
I made the 5-spice glazed chicken with plum salsa featured on the cover of this cookbook last night. The salsa is very simple, 2 plums diced, 1/4 c chopped red onion (I used a shallot), 2 T basil, and lime juice. I was fortunate to have excellent plums available! The chicken breasts are marinated in toasted sesame oil, lime juice and salt. I can't remember all of the glaze ingredients, but it has plum jam, brown sugar, soy, sriracha, rice vinegar, and maybe garlic powder. And of course, 5-spice! You serve it on shredded cabbage.

So, it was great! But I was disappointed with the side I made. I thought sticky rice would go well, and it tasted fine, but it was a very white plate. I was also thinking there'd be plenty on the plate, and it was a meager dinner. So, I want to make it again, and am thinking next time, maybe some grilled potato planks, or asparagus, green beans.
  Re: Glazed 5-spice chicken w/ plum salsa (Grilling II) by HomeCulinarian (I made the 5-spice g...)
duly copied - sounds very tassty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Glazed 5-spice chicken w/ plum salsa (Grilling II) by cjs (duly copied - sounds...)
Thanks for the review, Jeanette. That sounds very tasty.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Glazed 5-spice chicken w/ plum salsa (Grilling II) by Mare749 (Thanks for the revie...)
Yes, thank you. Sounds very much up my alley.
  Re: Re: Glazed 5-spice chicken w/ plum salsa (Grilling II) by Trixxee (Yes, thank you. Sou...)
Thanks for the review Jeanette. I went through that book last night marking recipes. I'll add this to the list.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Glazed 5-spice chicken w/ plum salsa (Grilling II) by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the revie...)
Great timing, Jeanette. We just picked up a bag of five spice powder at the Asian store. Thanks for the review!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.