T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 12??
  Re: (...)
Well, for teachers (most?) this day begins your summer, doesn't it?? Congratulations!

Harbinger winery is having a wine club bottle pick up party with some goodies, so we'll probably ruin our dinners. Maybe stop and pick up something to finish it off at a deli that just opened, see what they have.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 12?? by cjs (Well, for teachers (...)
Friday night dance class, then dinner out someplace.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 12?? by HomeCulinarian (Friday night dance c...)
YES! I am now officially on SUMMER TIME! YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

If I can pick up the cheeses I want locally, I may try grilling pizza tonight. I have promised William, that when I do, I'll do one in the oven and the other on the grill. He has agreed, but said that he gets dibs on the lion's share of the one in the oven when I burn the one on the grill. Such support is staggering!

If I don't do pizza, I haven't a clue. I guess I'll wait and see what's on sale.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 12?? by cjs (Well, for teachers (...)
That sounds like fun, Jean. School doesn't get out here until the 26th. We had that ice storm in Dec and lots and lots of snow days this year, I'm only working part time this summer, so this is sweet for me

I'm doing teri tips and bourbon tips on the grill, I think, fresh bread and salad.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 12?? by Gourmet_Mom (YES! I am now offic...)
Quote:

YES! I am now officially on SUMMER TIME! YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

said that he gets dibs on the lion's share of the one in the oven when I burn the one on the grill. Such support is staggering!

Congrats! (I'm already dreading going back in the fall..)

Maybe you should just burn the one in the oven....

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 12?? by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
"Maybe you should just burn the one in the oven...."

I love the way PJ thinks! So clever.

I made the satay pork skewers from the "mysterious" grilling cookbook mentioned in the other thread. I seem to have a C@H grilling book not found on the website. I think I reviewed them a while back, they are fabulous! As a side I made a grilled corn/black bean salsa thing.

Go Redwings!!!!!! sorry Cis.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 12?? by chef_Tab ("Maybe you should ju...)
Eric (Jane's son),is coming, the economy is modifying our plans for his brick and mortar meat market. He has a full time job, but a quality partner (we've met him)--they are going to open an Airstream Gourmet trailer in Austin, serving Cuban sandwiches with sides and appitizers. Partner is a second generation Cuban--marketing degree--laid off recently--they have a prime location and this concept has been written up in the WSJ, and Food & Wine. His sister is working with him. Big in Austin. We are financing the trailer tomorrow with the bank--long way around it--Dinner tonight--
Baked ham
Cheesemongers mac & Cheese
Fresh corn on the cob
Thrown together, but Eric likes it all--tomorrow AM we go to the bank. We'll be fine.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 12?? by Old Bay (Eric (Jane's son),is...)
That's wonderful, Bill, I'm so excited for him! Best of luck, Eric!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 12?? by pjcooks (That's wonderful, Bi...)
Go for it! Cuban seems to be the hot food right now. Best to Eric, and everyone involved... Keep us posted on their progress and success.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 12?? by HomeCulinarian (Go for it! Cuban se...)
I saw that in Food & Wine a while back - my business license includes selling out of one of those also. Always sounded like fun - hard work, but fun work. finger's crossed for everyone involved.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com