OT - New Medications
  Re: (...)
I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately, but the Dr. gave me new medications. Where before I was getting 3 medications (a cocktail) in one pill that I took once a day, I now have 4 meds I have to take. One pill contains two medications and I have to take two of them twice a day. The other two pills contain one medication and I have to take them twice a day. Tuesday was my first dose of the new medications (the literature says I can take them with or without food) which I took without food. It tore my stomach up...I had rather severe pain all night long. Wednesday morning I took them with food and it did the same thing. I called the Dr's office and left a message saying I wasn't taking them anymore, he would have to prescribe something else. Haven't heard back from him yet, so I will have at least until Monday to recover and hope my stomach quits hurting so much. Oh yeah, he also gave me a new cholesterol medication that says it has the same symptoms.. stomach pain, so I'm not taking it either.

Other than that, things are going fine...got Marilee's 8 raised vegetables in and the dirt added and the plants planted. Looks real nice.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: OT - New Medications by bjcotton (I'm sorry I haven't ...)
Bummer, Billy. Hope you get your meds straightened out sooner than later.
  Re: Re: OT - New Medications by HomeCulinarian (Bummer, Billy. Hope...)
That's not good. Hope the dr. can get you on the right track Monday.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - New Medications by cjs (That's not good. Hop...)
I'm sorry to hear this Billy. Why won't they stop messing with you? I hope they get it right Monday.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Geeze Sweetie! They have got to get it right - and quit making you go through all this. I know how you're feeling about the meds and there are days when . . . . . but the alternative always brings me back to them. poop!

Take good care Sweetie - we love you!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Not a great way to start the summer, is it, Billy? I hope everything gets straightened out for you on Monday so you can enjoy the summer!

PJ
PJ
Well glad you checked in with everyone. Sorry to hear the meds are causing problems. But happy to hear the garden is going well. The neighbor girl was over here the other day and decided to 'help me' weed. She pulled out a really big one! However it was my cabbage. Then she pulled out several more of my 'weeds'. Mind you I wasn't with her, she was by herself.

I didn't find this out until the next afternoon when I began questioning my kids. They had no knowledge of the plants or what happened. I did believe them, thank goodness. Maggie has a difficult time making up lies, so I knew she was safe. And Joe just hasn't learned to pass the buck yet.

Come to find out her sister told me on the street that she had 'helped me out'.

I was left with about a dozen plants, so I spent Friday re-planting everything.

Gosh, that was supposed to be a short response and here I go on and on and on..... I am sure all you gardeners know how I feel.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: OT - New Medications by luvnit (Well glad you checke...)
Oh Laura! I feel for you. What on earth did you say? I wouldn't want to hurt the child's feelings, but I DEFINITELY wouldn't want her to "help" me out again!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT - New Medications by Gourmet_Mom (Oh Laura! I feel fo...)
That really sucks Laura! I don't let anyone "help" with my garden unless I know, they know the difference.

Today is the first day since I took the meds that my stomach hasn't bothered me much...little twinges now and again.

By the way, Jesse and I are back home now.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: OT - New Medications by bjcotton (That really sucks La...)
Wonder if my daughter is reading this......or wait, maybe it was the other one. That's a shame, Laura.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com