Saturday Night Special - 6/13???
  Re: (...)
Different connotation here, tho.

I have some containers of oysters in the freezer, thanks to generous neighbors, so we're having Corn Pudding with Tabasco Fried Oysters - a C@H recipe from issue #48, p. 14. Has anyone tried this?? I didn't see a review for it. Edited to correct myself - I was sure I had searched for this recipe. Anyway, someone really liked it.

What are you up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday Night Special - 6/13??? by cjs (Different connotatio...)
Jean, I'm pretty sure you made this dish and reviewed it. It kind of stayed in my head because I just couldn't quite wrap my brain around it at the time, don't know why. Sounds better now.

Dinner tonight? Not sure yet as I'm still drinking my morning coffee, but I have some recipes to test
so will post later.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday Night Special - 6/13??? by Mare749 (Jean, I'm pretty sur...)
Oh my, William would love that! I stayed up late reading and slept in, so I'm still having coffee, also. I'll have to check back later.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday Night Special - 6/13??? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my, William would...)
I may have? Boy, do I miss my mind.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Night Special - 6/13??? by cjs (I may have? Boy, do ...)
Haven't had corn pudding in ages. Thanks for the reminder.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Saturday Night Special - 6/13??? by Lorraine (Haven't had corn pud...)
All that talk about grilling pizza was driving me nuts, so that's what we did tonight. I used Jean's recipe for dough and my own for sauce, added some cooked veggies and lowfat mozz. Added a salad and it was great!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."