Buttery dinner rolls - Issue #74
  Re: (...)
I'm hoping someone can help me with these rolls. I don't seem to end up with light, fluffy buns although mine seem to rise just fine. I'm wondering if I'm making a mistake with the amount of butter I'm using as the mix seems very dry and heavy to me. I assumed that the 1/2 stick butter meant to cut one of the sticks in the package in half which equals 1/4 cup. Am I reading this right?
I've made lots of bread before but this recipe has me stumped.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
  Re: Buttery dinner rolls - Issue #74 by Rain (I'm hoping someone c...)
Welcome, Rain! No, you're reading it right. I made these a while back but I made them in my bread machine. Dough cycle, pulled and shaped, rose and baked off. I guess I'm not much help here, because I didn't follow the instructions. But the end result was good.

Come back and visit often!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Buttery dinner rolls - Issue #74 by pjcooks (Welcome, Rain! No, ...)
Thanks, PJ! I thought the buns were quite good but mine just weren't light enough. Maybe I'll try them in my bread machine rather than the stand mixer. I may have better results that way. I just started using my mixer for bread making so I'm never quite sure if I'm doing it right.
  Re: Re: Buttery dinner rolls - Issue #74 by Rain (Thanks, PJ! I thoug...)
Welcome to the neighborhood, Rain!! Hope you visit often.

I haven't tried these rolls yet...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Buttery dinner rolls - Issue #74 by cjs (Welcome to the neigh...)
Thanks to both of you for the nice welcome ! I've decided to try weighing my flour and see what happens. I'm going to try them again as I do like them.
  Re: Re: Buttery dinner rolls - Issue #74 by Rain (Thanks to both of yo...)
They came out as hockey pucks for me.
  Re: Re: Buttery dinner rolls - Issue #74 by Chuck Burbank (They came out as hoc...)
Welcome to the forum Chuck and Rain! It's nice to see new people joining us. I have a rather picky eater that would just as soon have canned refrigerator type biscuits as homemade, so I haven't tried them either. But, it's nice to see you here.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Buttery dinner rolls - Issue #74 by bjcotton (Welcome to the forum...)
Third time and I'm giving up. I weighed the flour and used a lot less than I did the other two times. The rolls rose well and they have a nice flavour but they're still way too dense to be considered light and fluffy. My first failure with a Cuisine At Home recipe so that's not too bad considering how many of them I make.

PS - My first two tries were pretty much hockey pucks too '-)