King Mushrooms!! ANd....
  Re: (...)
Finally got outta here and shopped in the big city!! Central market had king mushrooms so picked up a pkg. Lorraine, I'm off to look at your post and see what you and Gil did for that appy.

Also, picked up other goodies I can't find around here, nothing fancy just stocking up the pantry. whew!

I also have three zucc blossoms to play with this afternoon for an appetizer. LOVE THAT GREEN HOUSE!! You can almost see everything growing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: King Mushrooms!! ANd.... by cjs (Finally got outta he...)
When are you going to let us see it??? Pictures, please!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: King Mushrooms!! ANd.... by Mare749 (When are you going t...)
I'll go take some, I was going to wait until it was all finished, but....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: King Mushrooms!! ANd.... by cjs (I'll go take some, I...)
I think the favourite is the appetizer recipe in the LCBO spring issue, Slow Roasted King Mushrooms and tomatoes with Dandelion Pesto on Crostini. But, the grilled ones were good also. If we grill them again, I would quarter them lenghtwise, then grill them. Have fun, Jean!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: King Mushrooms!! ANd.... by Lorraine (I think the favourit...)
I'll go dig out that issue, Lorraine.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: King Mushrooms!! ANd.... by cjs (I'll go dig out that...)
Oh Lorraine!!! Did we have fun with our appetizer dinner!!

Sliced a piece of Naan into strips, then layered on each:
spread goat cheese
roasted cherry tomatoes (2) - oven roasted w/salt, pepper, olive oil & honey
julienned basil
King mushroom (grilled halves, then diagonally sliced)
caramelized onion

What great flavor - but, I'm wondering about combining something so there are not so many layers and make it easier to eat (altho, it wasn't that difficult). Maybe combine the goat cheese, onion & basil, or goat cheese and tomato and onion. will have to play. But man, were these little goodies tasty!!

Then the zucchini blossoms worked out well also. I think I posted the recipe for the zucc blossom paninis... I sliced another piece of Naan into strips and topped it with:
zucchini blossoms (fried in a little olive oil until almost crisp, then cut in thirds)
used the roasted cherry tomatoes here also
topped with grated fontina cheese

Stuck under broiler. Yum! Both of the appys were really tasty.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: King Mushrooms!! ANd.... by cjs (Oh Lorraine!!! Did w...)
Glad you liked them, Jean. I think mixing the onion and basil with the goat cheese would make it easier to eat. And if you put it on crostini, it makes it even harder to eat. But, not impossible. If you have any leftover mixture, add it to some chinese noodles or an omelette.
  Re: Re: King Mushrooms!! ANd.... by Lorraine (Glad you liked them,...)
An omelette is exactly what Roy's going to do with the goodies tomorrow a.m.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: King Mushrooms!! ANd.... by cjs (An omelette is exact...)
I made him a breakfast burrito with them this morning. Very tasty.