Anybody for yet another summer cocktail recipe??
  Re: (...)
I have to admit, although I say that this recipe makes 4 servings, Jack and I have no trouble finishing it by ourselves...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Peach Daiquiris

Recipe By: Vicci
Servings: 4

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 cups fresh peaches -- peeled and chopped (about 8 ounces after preparation)
1/3 cup peach nectar
4 ounces rum -- white or gold
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 cups ice cubes

Blend all ingredients in a blender, taste and adjust for sweetness (depending on the ripeness of the peaches). Serve immediately.

Yield:
"4 cups"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 115 Calories (kcal); trace Total Fat; (1% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 6mg Sodium

[Image: 3642895150_eaccffe198_m.jpg]
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Anybody for yet another summer cocktail recipe?? by foodfiend (I have to admit, alt...)
Looks and sounds fabulous! Thanks, Vicci.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Anybody for yet another summer cocktail recipe?? by Mare749 (Looks and sounds fab...)
MMMM, yum and James says "Save that one"
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Anybody for yet another summer cocktail recipe?? by farnfam (MMMM, yum and James ...)
It's saved-we haven't tried any new ones this year yet. Time to look for some and to make this one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anybody for yet another summer cocktail recipe?? by cjs (It's saved-we haven'...)
This reminds me of days gone by. Back when my in-laws were alive, they would rent a house on the beach for several weeks in the fall. They'd put out nets, cook seafood every day, and drink fun new cocktails. The house was often filled with friends. We would drive over in the afternoons from Southport to eat dinner and help pull the nets. One of the friends always made this drink, but he called it a Fuzzy Navel. After looking up the recipe for a Fuzzy Navel, this is more like what he fixed, except with vodka.

Anyway, those were some good times! I'll have to make this as soon as the local peaches come in. The ones available from SC are too hard and not very flavorful. Thanks for the recipe and the memories Vicci!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Anybody for yet another summer cocktail recipe?? by Gourmet_Mom (This reminds me of d...)
Daphne, I bought the (CA) peaches several days ahead and they actually ripened nicely (surprising me...). This can be made with frozen peaches, too.

And years ago at a friend's wedding there was a fountain of Fuzzy Navels at the reception (Dip & Drink!!!). These are made with peach schnapps, oj, and vodka-- mmmmmmm. And I am very jealous, I would love to have in-laws like the ones you had!

Also, there's a half serving of fruit in each drink! Time to get healthy!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Anybody for yet another summer cocktail recipe?? by foodfiend (Daphne, I bought the...)
Quote:

Also, there's a half serving of fruit in each drink! Time to get healthy!!!

That's just what I was thinking!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.