New Issue #76
  Re: (...)
I got the new issue today and I have to say I'm very disappointed. In the older issues I would have a hard time deciding what recipe to try first. This one I'm not even sure if I'll make anything. And, it took me about 5 minutes to thumb thru it. Used to take me an hour since I'd have to stop and read thru the recipes, but not these. (Plus the paper feels weird.)

Anyone else gotten their's yet?
Shannon
  Re: New Issue #76 by Dismc (I got the new issue ...)
not yet.
  Re: Re: New Issue #76 by HomeCulinarian (not yet. [img]/ubbt...)
oh oh, I'm leering at the postman, but nada so far.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Issue #76 by cjs (oh oh, I'm leering a...)
Nothing here yet, but I'll be watching now. That's a shame that you are disappointed, Dismc. I hope the next issue is more exciting for you.

That's interesting what you mentioned about the paper. I thought that a few issues back, but thought maybe I was imagining it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I have mine. I have to agree and I don't like the suggested sides/sauces you must go online to get. Not everyone who gets the mag is a computer person. I give this a gifts to some folks and several are not computer literate. I think it was a corn and potato cake recipe, with a vinaigrette recipe online.
Calliope
  Re: Re: New Issue #76 by Calliope (I have mine. I have...)
I got mine too. I saw the cover and haven't opened it yet. All I could think of was "another burger?"

I have to ask again...did they get new photographers? The pictures to me are just awful
Quote:

I got the new issue today and I have to say I'm very disappointed. In the older issues I would have a hard time deciding what recipe to try first. This one I'm not even sure if I'll make anything. And, it took me about 5 minutes to thumb thru it. Used to take me an hour since I'd have to stop and read thru the recipes, but not these. (Plus the paper feels weird.)

Anyone else gotten their's yet?

Ditto. Just got mine today. Very, very disappointed.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: New Issue #76 by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Just went out to the mailbox... still don't have mine.
  Re: Re: New Issue #76 by HomeCulinarian (Just went out to the...)
Tot mine today, haven't even opened it. Used to be I'd browse from cover to cover before I even looked at the rest of the mail.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: New Issue #76 by bjcotton (Tot mine today, have...)
Billy - I encourage you to make up your own mind! Give it a look with an open mind.