Dinner Wednesday - June 24th?
  Re: (...)
Finally picked my first batch of rhubarb since we planted it and I'm trying a pork recipe with a rhubarb chutney. If it's any good I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Wednesday - June 24th? by cjs (Finally picked my fi...)
Even though it's not real hot & heavy soup weather, I'm making a ham and white bean soup. I have some frozen honey baked ham that I've been saving. I have everything I need so I don't have to run to the store. I'm trying to be really thrifty as far as food goes and trying to use ingredients already here.
  Re: Re: Dinner Wednesday - June 24th? by Trixxee (Even though it's not...)
That's funny, Trixxee, I'm making a cold weather dish too. Had some cubes of pork in the freezer and got a taste for the Winter Pork Stew in Soups, Stews and Chilies. Got it going early this a.m. and put it in the crockpot for later. Glad I got the air on today.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Wednesday - June 24th? by Mare749 (That's funny, Trixxe...)
Still cold and rainy here, so I'm thinking I'll make clam chowder and fresh bread for supper. Supposedly, we're going to have "summer" tomorrow then back to the cold and the rain for 10 days straight. It's so muggy here I can't decide if I should turn on the air or the heat

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Dinner Wednesday - June 24th? by pjcooks (Still cold and rainy...)
It's hot, hot, hot here today! I'm going out to dinner with my book club tonight - we skip reading a book for June because only about half of us are available to get together. Hubby has a nice variety of leftovers to choose from for his dinner.
  Re: Re: Dinner Wednesday - June 24th? by HomeCulinarian (It's hot, hot, hot h...)
My cherry tomatoes are busting out on the deck, I've got some leftover spinach, chicken breasts, and goat cheese from last week, so we're having Chicken Linguine with Candied Cherry Tomatoes. I had to go to town, so I picked up a few pine nuts.

I got paid early, so I've got a trip planned to the city Saturday. Off to finish my list!!!! YIPPPEEEEE!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Dinner Wednesday - June 24th? by cjs (Finally picked my fi...)
I have left over chicken and it is a gym night. So, I am making chicken enchiladas. Yummy.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner Wednesday - June 24th? by Gourmet_Mom (My cherry tomatoes a...)
My favorite, Daphne! My chowder base is made, just need to add half and half. But I can't find my yeast so I better get to the store.

How did I lose my yeast???

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Dinner Wednesday - June 24th? by pjcooks (My favorite, Daphne!...)
PJ, I'm probably too late, but the last time that happened to me, I ran to the store. When I got home to put my dough together, I had put my yeast in the mixing bowl with all the attachments....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Wednesday - June 24th? by Gourmet_Mom (PJ, I'm probably too...)
That's too funny, Daphne! Going to go look right now-after my trip to the store, I was putting my stuff away and realized I had forgotten to buy... yeast Guess fresh bread just wasn't in the cards for me today.

PJ
PJ