Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/25??
  Re: (...)
For us, first I need to say thank you to Daphne!! My Sizzle book got buried and I hadn't looked at it forever! I'm trying Bruce Aidells' grilled yogurt-marinated pork chops. I just made the marinade and I could just eat this all by itself - it's that tasty!! ('course my fresh cilantro or marjoram help. I'm so glad summer is here!!)

Also, picked my first zucchini (from the greenhouse ), so we'll have grilled veggies also.

so, what are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/25?? by cjs (For us, first I need...)
Your welcome! BTW, check out the rub for the beer can chicken in that book, Jean. We just LOVE IT! I don't like it on pork but for chicken, it's the best I've tried. (Edited to add: If you try the chicken, don't worry about buying beer. I forgot one time and used some Riesling I had on hand. I just put it in a veggie can with some of the rub. It may not have been the wine, but we thought it was better than with the beer. I love happy accidents!)

Since I'm going to Southport this afternoon I'm going to wait and see what I find on the docks down there....Can't wait!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/25?? by Gourmet_Mom (Your welcome! BTW, ...)
I have a recipe from Cuisine for Two book, can't remember what it's called, but it's filet mignon southwestern style, with chipotle mashed and sauted spinach and tomatoes. Made it before and we really liked it.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/25?? by HomeCulinarian (I have a recipe from...)
Well today is Derek's birthday so he wanted his favorite chicken and veggie casserole so that's what we're having

And my anaheim chili plant is producing finally! I got 4 chilis off it yesterday
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/25?? by DFen911 (Well today is Derek'...)
Happy Birthday, Derek!!! Denise, don't you just love this time of year - to just go outside and pick what you want? No wonder I was born in May!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/25?? by HomeCulinarian (I have a recipe from...)
Quote:

I have a recipe from Cuisine for Two book, can't remember what it's called, but it's filet mignon southwestern style, with chipotle mashed and sauted spinach and tomatoes. Made it before and we really liked it.

One of my best dinners ever. Made it a couple of years ago for my son's b-day. Everyone raved. Didn't change a thing.

We're just having left over ham/bean soup. We're camping this weekend so we're using up "stuff".
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/25?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
There's still clam chowder-why the hell did I make 4 qts of clam chowder???

Might grab some fresh haddock and bake some up with the chowder for a sauce. Maybe a few fresh Maine shrimp for a garnish and he won't notice it's last night's supper...

PJ
PJ
  Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/25?? by cjs (For us, first I need...)
Jean, I'm jealous-we've had something like 35 days of rain and my basils are drowning, no hope for any other veggies yet.

The sun did come out for about 20 minutes today, just enough to heat up the air enough for some thunderboomers.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/25?? by pjcooks (Jean, I'm jealous-we...)
Happy LATE Birthday Derek!

Well, dinner last night was a bust. I'll share some pictures of Southport later, but I thought I'd share these to explain why dinner was a bust.

[Image: ShrimpBoat.jpg]

[Image: NoShrimp.jpg]

And here's one from in front of Mom's house. The other two were taken just to the left of this one.

[Image: DSC01549.jpg]

After visiting with Mom, the other fish markets were closed, so we ended up with French Dip sammies and baked potato salad from the deli.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thursday, 6/25?? by Gourmet_Mom (Happy LATE Birthday ...)
You were that close and missed it?????? Oh man.

ANyone who has the Sizzler book, Bruce Aidells' grilled yogurt-marinated pork chops is really good! A keeper
www.achefsjourney.com