OT-Southport
  Re: (...)
I took my camera along yesterday when I went to visit Mom. If you're interested, here's a slideshow of my hometown.

Come Visit Southport, NC
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: OT-Southport by Gourmet_Mom (I took my camera alo...)
Sunday morning I'm grabbing a cuppa and go thru these oh so slowly and be envious, I'm sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Beautiful, Daphne! I spotted an almost extinct creature in there-sunshine! Sounds like a wonderful time.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: OT-Southport by pjcooks (Beautiful, Daphne! ...)
So much like Pt Aransas, Pt O'Connor, and to a lesser extent, its bigger, Galveston. Economically we may be doing a little better, but with Rita and Ike we have a miracle down here--we still have a few FEMA trailers, but not many.

What a memory--we're all tested on the coast, every now and then--what a name, I love it!!!--Cape Fear--I liked the original movie much better than the remake--Robert Mitchum was really scary!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT-Southport by pjcooks (Beautiful, Daphne! ...)
Awwww, this made me so homesick. It's like Cape Cod except for the palm trees. Thanks for the lovely break, Daphne. We have been working on the house all day and just stopped to enjoy a beer before I start dinner. I forgot all stress for a few minutes there!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: OT-Southport by chef_Tab (Awwww, this made me ...)
Lovely pictures, Daphne. Makes me want to head down that way right this minute. Can't wait for September.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT-Southport by Mare749 (Lovely pictures, Dap...)
Bill, you got that right! A blow is due, but we're hanging on. Hazel didn't get us, so we'll hope for the best! There is documentation of shrimp boats in my mother's front yard then...HMMM?

Thanks everybody...this is not the BEST I can offer for my hometown, but I did say I would share. Driving and clicking is hard...LOL!

NEXT TIME, I hope to share some REAL seafood. Until...enjoy! It's a beautiful place.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Daphne the pictures are wonderful. I wish Francois had made it that far - instead of S. Carolina. Sheesh.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT-Southport by Harborwitch (Daphne the pictures ...)
I swear Daphne when I see a post that is one of your picture slide shows I get giddy You have such a wonderful talent for taking the perfect shot. It's just like walking along side of you. Please do take shots of all the festivities too if you can
  Re: Re: OT-Southport by DFen911 (I swear Daphne when ...)
Great pictures, Daphne - I'd love to see that world. and will, one day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com