Primavera with Seared Seafood
  Re: (...)
I finally made this for Paul for supper Thursday. I changed the quantity of the ingredients substantially because he is a big eater. I also changed some of the wording slightly. In two places in the Directions it mentioned adding "seasonings", but other than the lemon zest, garlic and perhaps red pepper flakes there was no seasonings. Anyway, I'll post the recipe as I modified it. The first paragraph of the Directions is for some of the beginning cooks I deal with. I don't know how Paul would have rated it except for, "You can make that anytime." I would give it an 8+:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Primavera with Seared Seafood

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Fish-Shellfish-Seafood

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 tablespoons olive oil -- divided
12 jumbo shrimp
12 large sea scallops
1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup asparagus tips
1/2 cup diced onion or to taste
1/2 cup bell pepper -- (yellow and/or orange)
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes to taste
6 ounces linguine more or less as desired -- or tagliatelle
7 ounces goat cheese
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes -- halved
3/4 cup frozen peas
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 small lemon -- cut into 2 wedges

Prepare all ingredients first so they are ready to be added to the recipe.

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.

Toss the seafood, and zest in 2 tablespoons of oil and set aside.

Sweat the broccoli, asparagus, onion, and bell pepper in 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook until the onion begins to turn translucent, about 5 minutes., then add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté 1-2 minute longer.

Cook the pasta in boiling water.

Add 1/2-1 cup of the pasta water to the vegetables and simmer until they are crisp-tender, about 2-3 minutes.

Stir in the goat cheese until melted, then add the tomatoes, peas, and parsley.

Transfer the cooked pasta from the water to the pan using tongs; toss to coat with sauce. Keep the pasta warm over very low heat.

Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high. Sear the scallops until browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Turn them over, add the shrimp, and cook the seafood for an additional 4-5 minutes or just until the scallops and shrimp are firm.

To serve, divide the pasta and vegetables between 4 plates, top with seafood, garnish with lemons.

Source:
"CAH Issue 63"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Primavera with Seared Seafood by bjcotton (I finally made this ...)
That sounds really good Sweetie! I can see why Paul loved it!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Primavera with Seared Seafood by Harborwitch (That sounds really g...)
my kind of dish!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Primavera with Seared Seafood by cjs (my kind of dish!...)
Didn't we just make this for a dinner review not too long ago? If it's the same one, we liked it a lot!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Primavera with Seared Seafood by Mare749 (Didn't we just make ...)
If I'm not mistaken, this was Vicci's Birthday Dinner Review. I fixed it over the Mother's Day weekend while DD was here. We all loved it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Primavera with Seared Seafood by Gourmet_Mom (If I'm not mistaken,...)
Yes, it was for my birthday dinner!

Billy I changed the recipe when I entered it into MasterCook in the same way. I remember thinking "seasonings? what seasonings?" I also increased the shrimp and scallops to 4 of each for the two of us.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Primavera with Seared Seafood by foodfiend (Yes, it was for my b...)
I made this, too, and I increased the seafood as well. Excellent dish!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Primavera with Seared Seafood by pjcooks (I made this, too, an...)
I made this again for Marilee, her hubby Brian, and shared it with the Truck Farmers. This time, I used 1 1/2 pounds of 20-30 Shrimp and 1 pound of Sea Scallops. Brian said he wasn't sure if he would like the scallops and I asked him if he'd had them before. He said yes, they'd been skindiving and collected some of them...they ate them raw! He said they were too mushy. Anyway, he liked them the way I cooked them for this dish...everyone did!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Primavera with Seared Seafood by bjcotton (I made this again fo...)
"1 1/2 pounds of 20-30 Shrimp and 1 pound of Sea Scallops." - Well, good Lord, how could any right thinking person not????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Primavera with Seared Seafood by cjs ("1 1/2 pounds of 20-...)
RAW?!?!?! EWWWW...no wonder he was reluctant to try them again...LOL!

Time to make this one again. The last time I made primavera, I used a new recipe. I think I'll go back to this one. We really like the goat cheese in this version.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.