Garlic Ramp Pizza
  Re: (...)
I think I've found my favorite pizza yet!!
[Image: GarlicRampPizza.jpg]

Oh my this is such a simple but tasty pizza -

10 garlic ramps or med. scallions
Olive oil for brushing
4 oz. coarsely grated fresh mozzarella cheese
salt & freshly ground blak pepper
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (I combined Parm. with Romano)

Bring salted water to a boil; blanch the ramps until they are bright green but still al dente, about 1 miinute. Drain, pat dry and cut into 1" lengths.

Brush pizza dough with olive oil and sprinkle on the grated mozz. Scatter the blanched ramps over the mozz and season with the salt & pepper (Be sure to do this step - it's just wonderful!!). top the pizza with the Parm-Regg.

Cook pizza your favorite way.

The salt & pepper just brought every flavor out.

---

P.S. to add - I'll bet Lab's suggestion of just thinly sliced garlic would be great on this
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Garlic Ramp Pizza by cjs (I think I've found m...)
I couldn't think of what's for dinner....I know now! PIZZA!!!!! Thanks Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Garlic Ramp Pizza by Gourmet_Mom (I couldn't think of ...)
Oh yum, we love white pizza! Definately will be doing this one. Thinking of doing two, one with scallions, one with garlic, like labs suggested.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Garlic Ramp Pizza by Mare749 (Oh yum, we love whit...)
Well, POOOH! I just sweated my azz off in that hot kitchen getting everything ready for my pizzas to go on and was walking out to start the grill when the phone rang. William has to go pick up YS in Lumberton at about 9, so he's going to stay at the farm until he needs to leave. I guess we'll have it tomorrow night.

BTW, Jean, while in Southport tomorrow, I'm going to take Mom to her favorite place for lunch...Dry Street Pub and Pizza. They've got a killer white pizza that I used to love, but can't remember everything on it. I'll gather ideas.

Speaking of the farm, we are going to have to pick the corn Friday morning, ready or not. William managed to chase off the deer, but the squirrels like the rap music and seem to like showers (the sprinkler). He says they've wiped out almost half the corn already.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Garlic Ramp Pizza by Gourmet_Mom (Well, POOOH! I just...)
Well shoot...now Ihave to see if I can order garlic tops from the store That looks too good to pass up
  Re: Re: Garlic Ramp Pizza by DFen911 (Well shoot...now Iha...)
Denise, I'm using green onion tops and then adding garlic slices like Labs mentioned.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Garlic Ramp Pizza by Gourmet_Mom (Denise, I'm using gr...)
I just picked almost a half lb. of garlic ramps/scapes (depending on which you want to call them....). Anyone who planted garlic start looking for them, they are so tasty. I'll post some ways to use them if anyone want. You can only grow them or find at a farmer's markets. Well, maybe somewhere like Central markets would have them once in a while. Aren't they cute?

[Image: garlicramps.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Garlic Ramp Pizza by cjs (I just picked almost...)
YUM! I have GOT to remember to plant garlic this year!

I tried the pizza last night with green onions, blanched and thinly sliced garlic! What a treat! Although, I will say, I'm glad we were both eating this....WHEW! I bet we could have scared off every vampire in the county from the house...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Garlic Ramp Pizza by cjs (I just picked almost...)
Quote:

I just picked almost a half lb. of garlic ramps/scapes (depending on which you want to call them....)
Aren't they cute?

Are those on-ramps or off-ramps?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Garlic Ramp Pizza by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
www.achefsjourney.com