Dinner T.G.I.F. - July 3rd
  Re: (...)
We bottled at a winery again yesterday, so dinner did not get cooked or eaten - had delivery from Sam's Chinese instead. (whew, the body is getting old!)

So, tonight, we're having really thin ribeyes (they were in the discount meat bin and couldn't pass it up) and the marinated Veggie salad from issue 76.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner T.G.I.F. - July 3rd by cjs (We bottled at a wine...)
KC BBQ Spareribs and Crique Fries!!

Crique Fries:

Ingredients:

Potatoes (quantity is dependent upon number of people being fed and the type (size) of the potato). Peeled (optional) and sliced 1/8"-1/4".

Bacon

Onion - sliced thin

Salt and Pepper

Preparing and Cooking:

1) take a sheet of aluminum foil and lay it out on the counter

2) take several slices of bacon and place side by side centered on the aluminum foil

3) place a layer of potatoes on top of the bacon

4) add a layer of onion and season with salt and pepper

5) repeat steps 3 and 4 twice

6) finish with another layer of bacon

7) cover with another sheet of aluminum foil

8) seal the two pieces of aluminum foil - fold and pinch all four sides to make a tight seal

9) place on grill, flipping every 20-30 minutes. Watch for flame-ups that will occur if the seal leaks and bacon grease pours out. Before flipping the potatoes, if they have "ballooned up", lightly press on the bag until the majority of the air has escaped. This prevents the bacon from falling to the middle and not getting cooked.

Depending on the quantity of potatoes (size of bag), and how hot the fire is, this should take approx. 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes. Smell of cooked bacon should let you know if it is done.

I'm doing these in the oven this time. I'll do them for 1 1/2 hours at 375.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Dinner T.G.I.F. - July 3rd by BarbaraS (KC BBQ Spareribs and...)
I'm smoking my brisket today. We'll have corn from the farm, potato salad, and slaw. Can't wait!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner T.G.I.F. - July 3rd by Gourmet_Mom (I'm smoking my brisk...)
Green Chili Shrimp/cojita enchaladas with crema Mexicana (July Bon Appetit) and guacomole.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Good Lord, Barbara - that sounds so bad and so very good!! We use to do something like that with the kids camping, but I don't remember adding bacon - we did add chesse tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner T.G.I.F. - July 3rd by cjs (Good Lord, Barbara -...)
Mojo Marinated Pork Tacos and Grilled Salsa Roja from the new grilling book.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner T.G.I.F. - July 3rd by esgunn (Mojo Marinated Pork ...)
Probably the wrong season but my husband is making a "spicy lamb stew". It smells awesome. Hey, anytime someone wants to cook dinner, I'm in!

I've got the A/C on and a cold glass of chardonnay so all is well.
  Re: Re: Dinner T.G.I.F. - July 3rd by Trixxee (Probably the wrong s...)
Erin, I think somebody is making that menu tomorrow...icook/Karen?

BTW, Jean....I could strangle you!!!!!! That pineapple crisp is AWESOME! Now I've got to find a way to get rid of it before we eat it all!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner T.G.I.F. - July 3rd by Trixxee (Probably the wrong s...)
...and I just opened a bottle of Columbia Creast two-vines Syrah, so I'm going to go out and read my book. It's just gorgeous here, I'm so sorry you having our weather, PJ! (kind of )
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm pecan smoking my brisket today and tonight, for July 4th. Smells good!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".