Review Mojo Marinated Pork Tacos
  Re: (...)
Last Friday I made the Mojo Marinated Pork Tacos and Grilled Salsa Rojo from the newest grilling book. They were good. I think we would give them a 8.5

Grilled Salsa Roja.
I mentioned that I used the whole Jalapeno in the salsa and did not seed it. It was hot, but once on the tacos it did not seem quite so hot. BUT I will seed at least half the jalapeno next time if not more. The flavors were great.

Tacos
The Mojo Marinated pork was very good. But it is not what we liked best about the tacos. What we really liked was grilling the corn tortillas with the refried black beans and cheese on the grill, then filling the tacos. It was so easy and so good. We decided any filling would be fantastic - chicken, steak, the pork. I will definately make these again with the pork (it was easy and good) and with other fillings.

I also served this with corn on the cob.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Review Mojo Marinated Pork Tacos by esgunn (Last Friday I made t...)
Sounds good Erin. I think Linda made these also and said she like them. I'll add that to the list. I haven't had tacos in a while and I LOVE the idea of grilling the tortillas with the beans and cheese.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review Mojo Marinated Pork Tacos by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good Erin. I...)
I'm so glad I have these books!!! Just looked at the picture in the book, missed it when looking thru it, what a good idea grilling the tortillas with the beans and cheese.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review Mojo Marinated Pork Tacos by esgunn (Last Friday I made t...)
We loved this recipe also but we thought we would prefer chicken instead of pork on the next try.

We also loved the grilled salsa roja. We made a double batch and it was gone in 24 hours. So I went to the store and bought enough for a quadruple batch and added grilled corn and a few black beans to the mix. We did seed all of our jalapenos and found the first batch to be very mild so on the second batch we added 4 serranos and one habanero. Remember it was a quad batch with added corn and beans. It was very good and we didn't find it to be too hot. I guess that part you have to work out yourself.
"There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't and that's a wife who can't cook and will." ~Robert Frost (1847-1963)

Karen (iCook)
  Re: Re: Review Mojo Marinated Pork Tacos by iCook (We loved this recipe...)
More notes added to the recipe page - gotta do this soon!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com