results of the "big chef coat search"!
  Re: (...)
I made my decision a couple of weeks ago and just received it the other day and am incredibly pleased. The research was worth it, as I snagged an all-cotton coat for $23
http://www.uniformsandlinens.com/catalog...p-240.html
It fits well, looks nice, they did a great job on the embroidery, and I can't wait to have guests so I can wear it!
Thanks to all of you for your very valuable input!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: results of the "big chef coat search"! by foodfiend (I made my decision a...)
Congratulations on your results - looks like a nice one. Enjoy!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: results of the "big chef coat search"! by cjs (Congratulations on y...)
Very nice and not a bad deal.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: results of the "big chef coat search"! by Gourmet_Mom (Very nice and not a ...)
I think we need a shot of you modeling it
  Re: Re: results of the "big chef coat search"! by DFen911 (I think we need a sh...)
Sounds like fun. Did you get a hat to go with it? Pictures, please!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: results of the "big chef coat search"! by Mare749 (Sounds like fun. Di...)
I haven't actually worn it yet (washed and then realized that being 100% cotton, ironing was necessary! But I ironed while still damp and it was okay. BTW, I'm not an iron-er!) but when I do I'll have DH snap a photo.

Maryann, I didn't get any headcovering (although DH was trying to talk me into one of those bandana-type things, the goof) because I thought that may be a bit over the top...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: results of the "big chef coat search"! by foodfiend ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
I'll have to take a picture of the one I got then tie dyed. Looks nice. When we cooked in Colorado, an eternity ago, I wore a chef's hat, but instead of tipping it over the side I tipped it toward the back so it'd stay out of my way The first time I have to bleach it the tie dye will fade considerably.

Mine is in the same style as yours...looks like a nice one.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: results of the "big chef coat search"! by bjcotton (I'll have to take a ...)
Quote:

I'll have to take a picture of the one I got then tie dyed.

Oh yes, you certainly have to!
I am quite impressed that you tie-dyed it-- what a fun idea!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: results of the "big chef coat search"! by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
It looks great, Vicci, and a good price! Looking forward to seeing pictures!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.