What's For Dinner - Wed. 7/8??
  Re: (...)
How'd we get away from hearing all the goodies being fixed around our world. Well, we know what Erin & family are having for dessert (the Denhams too!!)

I'm fixing the Honey-Mustard Chicken, from the Weeknight Menus (#3) and the Broccoli Slaw from the new Grilling book (is that #3 also, guess it is). Tasting the slaw, it's going to be a winner, I'm thinkig.

What is everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner - Wed. 7/8?? by cjs (How'd we get away fr...)
lemon chicken from foodgawker.com and coconut rice from weeknight grilling.
Since I don't have the newest Weeknight book...yet, I'm fixing plain BBQ chicken legs. While picking up my cream cheese, I spied local okra in the produce section, so I'll fry some and steam some. Then we'll have some more corn. I thought I'd just cook up the weirdo ones since I ran out of freezer bags...LOL!

Dessert will be the same as the Gunns and Denhams...with the substitution of the Berry Slump from the latest magazine to go with the ice cream! (I'll be subbing blueberries since they're in season and abundant here.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wed. 7/8?? by Gourmet_Mom (Since I don't have t...)
We're having leftover vegetable lasagna that I made on Monday. Had dental work done today, so need something soft. That ice cream everyone was talking about sure would hit the spot. Gosh, that sounded good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I think I am making the Cordon Bleu Stuffed CHicken from Weeknight Menus 1. And Of course the dessert - pinapple crisp and cream cheese ice cream.

Last night deserves a mention too! I made the Tandori Turkey Tenderloin, peach-ginger chutney, cucumber riata and the grilled Naan. Boy it was good. One of my summer favorties.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wed. 7/8?? by esgunn (I think I am making ...)
I'm working from the freezer today. We have plans this evening, so it will be a late dinner. Have some stuffed shells and marinara from last summer's garden with turkey Italian sausages and a green salad.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wed. 7/8?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm working from the...)
Well my DH will be off to a wake/reviewal this evening, but I have a craving for spaghetti and meatballs. It will make good leftovers for him tonight when he gets home.

Now look at that. I have gone from Stranger status to Newbie. I wonder how many years it will take me to get to something respectable.
"There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't and that's a wife who can't cook and will." ~Robert Frost (1847-1963)

Karen (iCook)
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wed. 7/8?? by iCook (Well my DH will be o...)
Quote:

Now look at that. I have gone from Stranger status to Newbie. I wonder how many years it will take me to get to something respectable.

We've had a conversation on the names for the various statuses before and we all "voted" to use anything but "stranger" for people new to the board!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wed. 7/8?? by HomeCulinarian ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I have got to get back to being organized and planning out our weekly meals. I have no clue again what I'm making

Between Laura's wacky schedule, Derek's I never know who's coming or going
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wed. 7/8?? by DFen911 (I have got to get ba...)
Today I had leftovers from yesterday. So, what did I make yesterday? My own, experimental version of the Pollo Fundido that I remember having in a Mexican restaurant in Orlando several years ago.

Improvised Pollo Fundido

Ingredients
  • 8 Oz Cream cheese, softened
  • 8 Oz. (1/2 a jar) Herdez Salsa Casera
  • 1/2 Chicken, skinned, boned, and chopped into bite-sized pieces
  • 4 Burrito-sized flour tortillas
  • 4 Oz. Monterey jack cheese, sliced into 8 slices
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and the salsa.
  3. Add the chicken and coat well.
  4. Spray a medium baking dish with Pam (or apply a thin coating of oil).
  5. Place 1/4 of the chicken mixture into each tortilla, roll up, then place into the baking dish, seam side down.
  6. Cover the baking dish with foil.
  7. Bake at 350F until the chicken pieces reach an internal temperature of 165F - about 30 minutes.
  8. Carefully remove the foil from the baking dish.
  9. Place 2 slices of cheese to cover the tops of each tortilla.
  10. Return the baking dish to the oven until the cheese has melted.

This would probably be even easier with pre-cooked chicken, but it turned out very well this way. Quite yummy!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?